The Peak Years as Captain

People used to say that when you become captain, your performance experiences a dip. In Kohli's case it was just the opposite. He became a beast after getting full time captaincy. He smashed 200s after 200s in test series and a total of 7 of them in just 2 and a half years. Believe me, getting a 200 requires you to be on crease atleast 9 to 10 hours in a test match which lasts for 5 days, you most probably have to bat for 2 or 2 and a half days to get a 200. In the year 2017, he scored a total of 2818 runs across all formats which is a miracle in itself, but now we were used to of seeing miracles from Kohli's bat. This miracle came with a massive fan following. He became very famous and now every kid in India wanted to become Virat Kohli. From copying his hairstyle to making his posters and rangolis we weren't behind in showing love for our Captain. For a fact, in India after the Prime Minister it's the Captain of the Cricket team who gets the utmost attention. But with success comes haters. But in Virat's case it was his haters who carried him through in his best form. Virat says the haters are gonna hate you because they think you are the best.After the fall of every wicket came a huge celebration from Virat even more than the bowler as if he has a taken a wicket. This energy kept the bowlers motivated and the team and crowd pumped up even if we were losing. He changed the approach in every format of game especially tests. He said We will win and we will go for the win even if we lose. Draw should be the last option on your list. He scored 41 of his 70 international centuries as Captain so no one was able so say that his form dipped when he was the captain, instead just the opposite happened. He was in his peak time as batsman when he was the captain. He enjoyed himself when he was the captain, and even was ready to take extra responsibility on him. Indeed he was a true leader and is a great batsman that our country got.