Stepping in WDCA

When Virat's father was sure that his son needs to be given a proper training for cricket, he didn't waste any time and took him to the West Delhi Cricket Academy (WDCA) the very next day. There he met his future coach Mr. Rajkumar Sharma. Firstly, they weren't ready to accept a boy under 10, but when they saw his batting against 14-15 year old children taking training for atleast 3 years, it was clear that the boy had something special in him.
But nobody, not even Virat's family except his coach could visualize this little boy who walked into the academy will walk out as a gem and an inspiration for millions. Virat's coach remembers "Virat always used to play with state level cricketers of 16-17 years and not with his age group children because they can't get him out." 4 to 5 weeks after Virat started taking training his coach realized that this boy needs to be given extra time for the talent he has in a tender age, can be made perfect.One incident that his coach remembers is one of the firsts that displayed his grit to him. While playing the state level players, a ball came which struck his chest and left a mark on his body. Till the time he reached home, that mark turned from blue purple to black and his mother was deeply concerned and she called Mr. Sharma and told him to let Virat play his age group boys. But now, as you know Virat, you'd know what his answer would be. He refused, continued practising with elders and his mother was told he was playing with his age group boys.With time on his side, Virat worked under scorching sun, practicing the same shot for hours to gain perfection, not ready to leave the academy even at its closing time. Under the unsparing eyes of his coach, Virat mastered basic batting technique very early in his career. The selections for the Under 15 Delhi team came and Virat wasn't selected due to some favoured corruption in the selection panel. He was really upset for not being selected and cried the whole night in his room.
The next day when he went to the academy, his coach guessed from his swollen eyes that he had been crying for a long time. He said to Virat that Son, they can't ignore your talent for long, even if they are the most corrupt people in the world. Mr. Rajkumar Sharma's words came to be true soon. The selectors could not ignore Virat after a period of time and he was selected in the Under 15 team as one of the youngest in the team. But who knew, the real test was yet to come.