The 2018 England Tour

Now, the next 2 chapters you are gonna read are my favorite ones. Because in these chapters, well talk about a revenge and a First Challenge that was finally, after 72 years was conquered and it all had Virat as the centre. In this chapter we are gonna relive the magic of the 2018 England tour for which I know you have been waiting since the 10th chapter.So India toured England in June-July 2018, for the test series with a little expectation of atleast winning a match there, the team although didn't do good and we lost the 5 match series by 4-1, but as the scoreline tells you, we didn't play that bad cricket it was just we were not able to capitalize on. It was this series whose lessons made us the best touring team in the years to come. But, this series was a challenge for Virat, that Virat who failed miserably in 2014 tour of England. Virat was determined this time that he wouldn't nick outside off balls. He and the former batting coach Sanjay Bangar used to do a drill in which a rectangular box was made outside of the crease and Virat wasn't to take his hands in that rectangular box neither he had to touch the balls that were going in that box. The drill learnt on and the results showed off in the test series specially in Birmingham where after losing two quick wickets as he bats on four in tests, he arrived pulled out the team from a critical condition and led the team to 300+ score in which he scored 149 runs alone. He was the last batsman to be dismissed. The highlight of the inning was the amount of balls he leaved in which each was a statement in itself that "I'm not gonna throw away my wicket. You have to work hard to get it, dear bowlers."This tour was a great success for atleast Virat the batsman. He made 593 runs in 10 innings as compared to 134 in that your in same amount of innings with an average of 59.3, with 2 centuries and 3 half centuries. It also became the most successful tour for any Indian batsman in England. This shows, the passion with which he plays and his willingness to not repeat his mistake. The bowler James Anderson who took his wicket many a times in 2014 and kept him frustrated, was wicketless in front of Kohli in this series and it was a new Virat altogether that we were seeing on the field remember with pressure of Captaincy and it was just a pure bliss to watch him bat in that series. The experienced and arguably good England bowling attack was clueless in front of him. Now we'll move to a series in which both Captain Virat with his tactics and batsman Virat with his bat shined.