2014 T20I and 2015 ODI WC

The next assignment was the 2014 T20I World Cup to be held in Bangladesh. In this world cup, Kohli played as a Vice Captain and justified the position and responsibilities given to him. At the age of 25 only, Kohli had already became the most dependable batsman of the team. This world cup was the first global stage to see the "MASTERY OF THE MASTER" who was born to rule. Virat was the highest scorer for the team, making 289 runs in the tournament batting at 3, whereas others failed to reach even 100 runs in the whole tournament. In T20s openers have the best chance to score because they know that they are gonna bat in every inning whereas on no. 3 you'll find the best batsmans the team has because on no. 3 you are very uncertain.It can happen that opener is out on first ball and you're the just like an opener, it could happen that the openers have given a start and you have to maintain the pace, it could happen that you're for the last few balls and become the finisher and it could happen that openers finish the game and you don't need to bat at all. So no. 3 requires skill. Virat became the saviour against South Africa in the semis made a 78 not out to win us the match.Whenever we needed him he stepped up like a Superhero. Kohli was a one man army and took India to the finals, but he got out on 20 odd and we knew we aren't gonna win from there. We were the runners up and Virat was the Man of the Tournament.
The next year a ODI World Cup was held in Australia. Virat was average in this world cup by his own great standards. He started with a bang a 100 against arch rivals Pakistan in the first match of the tournament. But then, he had to deal in 50s and yes that's low by the "KOHLI STANDARDS". India again reached the finals and lost to the homies Australia being runners up once again. Virat scored 350 odd in this tournament. But the year 2016, was miraculous for him.