2013 Champions Trophy and Captaincy

Next assignment was the 2013 Champions Trophy and the test captaincy he got in 2014. The Champions Trophy was to be held in England and it was a very young side and no one thought to win the championship, they were just there to enjoy themselves admits Virat. But he said, the grounds in England are brilliant, the crowd support was amazing and they threw themselves around and it was their fielding which led them into the finals and they ended up winning the trophy eventually. The Champions Trophy wasn't a great deal for Virat as it was our Gabbar Mr. ICC Shikhar Dhawan who made his mark in this batting lineup of India. But, in the finals Virat scored a crucial 43, which led to the team to a respectable target of 130. The match was made a 20-20 over match which means 120 balls because of rain. That was one of the most interesting match we ever saw. India collapsed first, Virat Kohli and 'SIR' Ravindra Jadeja taking India to 130.The opening partnership of England fired first, then we took some wickets and then again, Eion Morgan and Ravi Bopara made our hearts come into the throats but the Master Mind Captain Cool MS Dhoni, turned the match by getting the 2 wickets in 2 balls by his field placements.Ishant Sharma was the bowler, the over went as Wide, Wide, 6, Wide, Wicket ,Wicket, 1, 0,2, (as wide balls are not counted in an over). India won the match at last by 5 runs winning the trophy and the hearts and minds of cricket fans.On the 2014 Australia tour, the most unexpected thing happened. MS Dhoni retired suddenly with no seniors in the team and India at no. 7 in ICC test rankings. On 15 January, 2022, Virat has left test captaincy  becoming the most successful Indian test captain winning us 5 test maces which are given to no. 1 test team at the end of each year. From no. 7 indian 2014 to no. 1 in 2017 Kohli never let the team down, but our cricket board led Kohli down and each true cricket fan is upset today. And I know if you have understood the meaning of previous chapters then you'd also be upset.