The Disastrous Tour of 2014

The first dip in Virat's test career was the tour of England in 2014. Virat was visiting England for the first time, and the conditions there are so tough I mean swing, seam, wobble, bounce at any point in the game. In other general conditions ball swings for first 15-20 overs and then it stops till you're allowed a new ball after every 80 overs. If I mean tough, I mean tough to that extent that Sachin Tendulkar the God, the most skillful batsman to ever play the game never scored a 50 in Lord's Cricket Stadium in London which is called the Home of Cricket because the first ever international game of cricket was played there and as I told you cricket was born in England.Virat failed miserably in this tour, scoring only 134 runs in 5 test matches which is 10 innings with an average of 13.4. Do you think that suits a batsman like Virat Kohli? It really sucks. And it sucked him too, because you might get out, but getting out in the same way, nicking outside off balls is disappointing. As MS Dhoni says- "Your 2 similar kind of mistakes should have a gap of 6-8 months then only your graph will go up. " Virat's same mistakes at this point, we're in consecutive innings getting out on slips or giving catches to wicketkeeper. A bowler who dominated Virat in this series was James Anderson. He's a very successful English fast bowler with 600+ test wickets which is not less than a miracle for fast bowlers. Virat was seriously dissapointed with himself while returning from the tour thinking "How can a tour be so bad? I didn't even cross 150 runs in a tour." But he wasn't the one to shy away from accepting what was the truth and again jolting himself into hard, intense practice sessions again. The result showed off in the 2018 tour of England which I'll tell you, as we're moving in timeline so you have to wait.