Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 10

Rika P.O.V.

Chanting to myself to not break this jerk’s neck sitting next to me, muttering business in his fancy cell phone, is really not helping. And I think he can tell with his annoyed glances as I sat, legs crossed and arms folded, digging my painted fingernails into my arm.

He finished his call and finally looked at me with distain.           

“Are you quite done yet?”

I sighed heavily and looked the other way, declining my nails and becoming serious, gaze softening.

“I don’t know what she sees in you, Rich Boy…but whatever it is…Never mind.” I mumbled.

I went to stand up, but was startled when I felt him grab my arm. In a split second, I had his pretty white shirt collar wrinkled in my fist and his face centimeters from mine, black eyes wide.

“Don’t touch. Trust me, Rich Boy; punching you is the least I could do to you.” I snarled.

His frown deepened, but I didn’t miss the fear in his expression. Noticing the silence, I glanced to past him to see several people watching us. Damn, I have to stop now or…Oh whatever!

I’m too sick of this jerk to miss this opportunity to put him in his place and without a second thought I drew back my fist-but a force held it back.

~ Vicki!~

I gasped and whipped around, taking in Suzu’s stance; fist clenched around my bare arm, blue eyes dark, and legs spread apart perfectly. I swallowed hard, fear for what she will do next making the hair on my arm stand up.

~Don’t cause a scene. ~

I nodded numbly and we stared for another heated moment before she relinquished her hold on my arm. Immediately, I let the boy drop back in his seat and took two staggering steps back.

In just a matter of seconds, my innocent sister took on her retired role as an enforcer.

I smirked.

Suzu’s finally healing…

Kyouya’s P.O.V.

I watched, mouth agape, as Suzu held her sister’s arm back and stared her down with cold blue eyes.

Who is this…? This can’t be the same innocent pure girl from before…

I dropped back into my seat as Rika took a couple hesitant steps away from me, as if showing she was backing off. Then just as her defense came up, a deafening grin spread across her face.

Then she stormed out.

Suzu physically relaxed, her shoulders slumping and fists loosening. She sighed softly and pinched the bridge of her nose, as if she was suffering from a sudden headache. A wave of sudden worry hit me and I stood up and laid my hands softly on her shoulders, just in case she collapsed.

Surprisingly, she didn’t cringe away or even wince when I touched her, but to my shock, leaned into my touch.

“Are you alright…?”

My voice was very timid and soft; very unlike me.

She looked up, confusion clear in her shining blue eyes. Crap, she must have noticed my sudden mood change. She probably thinks I really do belong in this mental hospital…

But her soft pink lips curved up in a light smile and she nodded.

She lightly turned so she was facing me and reached up…what is she doing? On her tippy toes, she reached up and put a couple pieces of stray hairs back behind my ear.

Then she walked out.

And I just stood there watching her retreating form, dress swaying back and forth until finally she was out of sight…

Suzu’s P.O.V.

~How many times were we told to lay low, Rika? What if someone had called the cops? Roland would have our heads!~

We sat across from each other on our bed, changed into cooler attire as I glared at my mirrored self and she rolled her eyes. She either doesn’t realize how much deep shit we could have gotten into or doesn’t care. Either way, it was moronic and reckless of her to just lash out like that!

“Roland isn’t my first thought when that jerk off is being downright rude! Don’t sweat it, Suzu…Roland isn’t getting a whiff of what almost went down today. It never happened.” She shrugged, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

I sighed, giving up on the subject.

~That reminds me, when was the last time he checked up on us?~ I thought while picking at my toenails.

I really should clip them…while I waited for Rika to answer; I went over to get my blue nail clippers then sat down.

“Not sure. But you know, I think Uncle Ranka has been doing our checkups over the phone, but that won’t last long. You know how Roland gets; he’ll want to see how things are for himself.” She scoffed.

I nodded and sighed.

~We’re gonna have to tell Kyouya we can’t perform on Wednesday…~

Even through a simple thought, Rika still caught my saddened tone and she nodded, head drooping a bit.

“Yeah, I’d be fucking ecstatic, if it weren’t for mom’s birthday… We sure as hell can’t tell him that though. We’d never hear the end of it.”

I heaved another deep sigh, not too keen on keeping secrets. But he doesn’t really give us any other choice…

~He’s not so bad, Rika…he’s trying to change.~ I thought, finishing up my nails and putting the cutters away.

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. A pang of hurt ran through my stomach at her obvious distain.

“I can see what youre doing, Suzu. It won’t work, he’s too far gone. I don't know what you see in him or why you insist on trying to change him. You saw what happened last time you tried changing someone.”

I cringed at the low blow. Before the incident I always thought that if we were

patient, Dad would get better…

I ducked my head down, scrunching my eyes tightly closed. I heard a shift in the

covers before arms wrapped around my shoulders.

“I’m sorry, that was rotten of me to say…forgive me?”

I giggled softly as she attempted to tickle my sides, gripping my hips and digging

her fingers into them.

~Uncle! I give!~ I screamed mentally, dying of laughter.

She laughed with me, not the usual half ass laugh, but a deep from her stomach

laugh that brought my mood back immediately.

But even her laughing and good mood, the thought of Kyouya’s shocked

expression from earlier still stuck to the back of my skull…