Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 7

"Wow, I think you officially pissed him off, Suzu." Rika whispered from beside me.

I find it amusing that she was acting so cautious when usually it's me being the cautious one, warning her to back off. She sat next to me on the floor as I strapped the last velcro strap around my guitar and finally zipped the case up nice and tight.

~I think he'll live. He's annoying the shit out of me with his glaring at my back.~ I thought feeling the familiar burning in my back.

She chuckled at my all too strange sixth sense.

The club was closing up its doors, escorting the last of the girls out before they had to clean up and go home. I've already decided I wanted to get out of here before Kyouya can lay into me. Rika nodded from the corner of my eye as we slowly attempted to tip-toe to the doors.

Almost there...Shit!

Some unknown power had the back of my t-shirt hostage, keeping me from walking out the door. I growled softly knowing just who had hold of it.

"And where do you think you're going?" although his voice was calm, the irritation was scarcely obvious.

I turned around, as much as I could with him still holding up my shirt collar.

~Don't think I won't duck out of my shirt, Kyouya. I rather run home in my bra than deal with you.~ I signed.

He shook his head and let go, causing me to take a staggering step back.

"That won't be necessary. Come and sit."

I couldn't help but smirk at the light blush sprinkled over his cheeks. These poor innocent boys.

Rika chuckled as she followed me to the couch that sat across from the Victorian love seat that Kyouya sat, legs crossed and hands politely folded.

"Now, I think you already know what I want to discuss with you. When you sang for us the times before today, your music was soft and calming. Today you demonstrated a different type of performance."

This didn't surprise me. I expected him to be puzzled or maybe even upset by the fact that I sang metal.

~Kyouya, I sing what I see fit. The teenagers here are protected from the real world and don't know just how rough it can be. We see the world a lot different than you do. I sing what I like to sing; that's just how I roll.~

I signed calmly, watching his expression change from a disappointed line to an interested gleam in his dark eyes. I almost gulped when he smirked that cocky snarky smirk of his. I briefly imagined him with a long white beard, stroking it and humming in thought.

"Oh? Well if you see us so differently what's your perspective on me as a person? Don't hold back; I'm curious."

My eyebrows shot up immediately at this and Rika and I shared a mirrored astonished look. I stood up and walked around him slowly, noticing the rest of the host club watching us, and then stopped in front of him as he stared at me.

~Well, your intelligent but too smug. Your ego is too big and needs to be knocked down every once in awhile. You have a mischievous side that you're all too aware of, but at the same time you're caring and interested in the basic human behavior. You have your own goals but can't reach them for some reason. That's all I've come up with since I met you.~

His eyes were wide in astonishment showing me I hit the nail on the head. I smiled, proud I was right and picked up my guitar case, slinging it onto my back.

Looking back, I noticed that Kyouya wasn't the only one who took a sign language class by all the wide eyes in the group of boys who were watching us intently.  I turned around and reached the door, Rika behind me. Before I walked out though I turned around, smiling as innocently as I could.