Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 5

Suzu's P.O.V

Rika and I shared a mirrored look of confusion before looking back at Kyouya.

"What the hell are you talking about, four eyes?" Rika questioned placing her hands on her hips.

Ignoring her rude implication, he pushed his glasses up and smiled at us kindly.

"I'm simply offering you two an opportunity to put your talents to use. As you have probably already found out, it's very challenging to practice your new found talents during the school day, so I've thought of a way you two can use them and stay with your cousin at the same time." he explained thoughtfully.

'He has a point, Rika.' I thought tapping my chin.

If we could practice singing in here for others it could help us get used to performing in front of a crowd and we could spend more time with Haruhi and maybe even acquire a certain social status to the point where we could make friends...

'Ask him what his conditions are' I thought never looking away from the smirking boy.

Rika grudgingly glanced at me then him before relaying my question.

"She wants to know what exactly your conditions are." she asked narrowing her gaze at him.

Tapping his chin with the top of his fancy pen, his smirk never dying down.

"You will perform twice a week for our guests. You may pick any song you find fitting as long as it's appropriate. We will support you with costumes if you do not have your own." he said.

That sounded reasonable... Then again he doesn't seem to be the charitable kind.

Rika picked up on my suspicions through my thought channel and glared at Kyouya.

" What's in it for you?" she accused.

He shrugged her tone off.

" Publicity. More girls will come to hear you and that means more customers for us as well as more money." he said.

I couldn't help the sweatdrop come over me.

" What about me? Don't think you can get rid of me that easy." Rika said.

"Can I assume you play an instrument?" he asked.

She shrugged and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You can assume all you want doesn't make it anymore true." she huffed.

Sighing at her stubborn attitude, I grabbed my mini whiteboard and wrote something down before showing them.

SHE CAN PLAY THE DRUMS AND BASS GUITAR

"Well there you go." Kyouya said smiling.

"Traitor." she muttered.

Kyouya then approached us and held his hand out to me.

"Do we have a deal, Suzu Ellis?" he asked.

I hesitated for a moment then placed my hand in his and shook them.

Hikaru and Kouru patted our shoulders, smirking deviously.

"Welcome to the host club!" they echoed...

"Do you think it'll be ok for us to spend this much time after school?" Rika said from beside me, flipping through her Art magazine.

We'd just made it home and changed into some pj's even though it's only 7 o clock in the evening.

I shrugged from my position on the floor, staring at the blank ceiling.

'We need to decorate this room. It's too bare' I thought randomly.

Rika sighed reluctant with my change of topic.

"Do you even have an idea for a song?" she asked looking over her magazine to examine me.

I smirked deviously and glanced at her.

'Fer Sure' I thought and watched her expression turn from confused to all knowing.

Before she could respond, the front door opened then closed signifying that Uncle Ranka was home. Happiness swept me off my feet and out of our bedroom door, my t-shirt swishing with my legs reaching to my mid-thighs.

Uncle Ranka was talking to Haruhi, smiling at his daughter's cooking.

He didn't notice me approach so I tugged lightly on his purple gem covered top. He glanced down at me and smiled sporting red lipstick and an auburn wig.

"Hello, my dear niece! How was your first day at Ouran? Any cute boys?" he asked dramatically.

Uncle Ranka was required to take a sign language class with me so we could talk with little complication though I'm usually the one to sign and he talks.

'It's different but we just have to get used to it and yes there are definently some cute guys' I signed, moving my hands confidently.

He giggled at my last statement and ruffled my long silver hair.

"Good! Now where is Rika?" he said looking around.

Said girl walked out of our room wearing similar pj's except hers was a Pistons t-shirt and she wore matching blue undies that peaked from under her shirt.

I sported a light pink floral shirt and matching undies that also peaked from under my shirt and we both giggled when Uncle Ranka gushed over how 'adorable' we looked.

The two went into his room to talk privately while I helped Haruhi with dinner.

But I knew exactly what they were whispering about behind that closed door; Uncle Ranka was checking how I am holding up. I don't blame him for not asking himself since he just found out I existed two months ago.

It astounds me how someone you just found out existed, you can still care about that person as Uncle Ranka does for Rika and me.

I smiled at the thought of actually having someone who genuinely cares about me.

"Okay, so who's hungry?" Uncle Ranka exclaimed, bursting from the room with Rika not far behind him.

I rose my arm high as did Rika and we giggled in unison making Uncle Ranka gush all over again.

Maybe I can finally heal...