Their Reactions to AAVE

HI!

❤💛🖤💛❤

~Megan's POV~

Okay. Being the only Black girl, as well as the youngest, can be entertaining sometimes. There are times where I'll say certain things and they take it literally. I don't think it is a bad thing tho, I think the disconnect is funny. With that being said, I will tell you about the times Bucky, Tony, and Nat didn't understand me.

*****

One day, I was in the kitchen getting a snack. Tony came down in one of his suits looking very handsome. So I say, "Okay Boo, I see you." And he goes, "Well I would hope so, I'm standing right here" 

Similarly, Nat came down in a beautiful dress. I smiled and said, "Purr." dramatically. Please tell me why this lady said said "meow"  

*****

A few months into our relationship (before marriage), Nat and I went shopping. We were shopping for ourselves, but we also picked up something for the guys as well. She picked up this unappealing top and asked if I liked it.

It was still early in our relationship, and I didn't want her to think I hated her taste in clothing

It was still early in our relationship, and I didn't want her to think I hated her taste in clothing. So I said, "If you like it, then I love it." "Okay, good. I can't wait to wear this"

A few weeks go by. I am in the bathroom, doing my business. She bursts into the our bathroom wearing that same shirt and yells, "Wait, you do you not like this shirt?" "HUH!" I say confusedly. "I remember what you told me when I purchased this shirt. I just saw a video that said if a Black person ever says to you "if you like it, I love it" then it means they really hate it." 

"I mean, personally I would never wear it. Nor, have I ever expected you to like these types of shirts but, whatever floats your boat. I just want you happy"

"You really would have had me out here looking stupid. Can you just please tell me when an outfit of mines is ugly, please" She pouted. "Okay, I will. Now can I poop in peace? Please." She giggled and stated "My bad" whilst closing the door.

*****

A few weeks ago, Bucky and I went to the movies. We were in line to get snacks and he asked if I wanted popcorn. So I said, "Nah, I don't like it like that." "Like what?"

"huh?" "You said you don't like it like that but you never elaborated." " Oh, I just mean I don't prefer popcorn. I'll eat it if I have to. But if I don't, I won't. Imma get some nachos and skittles."

*****

Every so often, Bucky likes for us to do a group workout session. We were on the treadmills at this time.  After Tony finished telling a joke, I had said "Oh My God, I'm weak." while laughing loudly. They instantly rush over to me, forced me to sit and drink water.   

❤💛🖤💛❤

Thanks for reading!🥰