Megainia the Leopardus Pardalis

AU Chapter 1

(A/N): Megainia the Leopardus Pardalis will be its own series; an alternate universe. It is something else I want to experiment with, but I did not want to start a whole new book. (Megainia = Ma-gain-knee-ah)

Tony stark:

James Barnes:

James Barnes:

Natasha Romanoff:

Natasha Romanoff:

❤💛🖤💛❤

On this particular evening, James, Natasha, and Tony were taking a stroll through City Bay Animal Center. This park was known for its wild life and the amazing care towards its animals. Canines, felines, reptiles, and amphibians are the primary attractions. This might sound like a zoo, and in theory, it is. However, it is an animal shelter, adoption, and rehabilitation center. 

People were encouraged to adopt, just as much as they were encouraged to drop off any found or unwanted pets, strays, and/or rescues. City Bay Animal Center also famous for its cooperation with the Federal Hybrid/Mutation Department. For the right price, people were capable of obtaining one singular hybrid.  

Hybrids is an animal and human mutation. Once they reach the human age of 20, they are fully able to transform in and out their animal form. While there are various species of hybrids, mammals are the primary. No one knows the origin of hybrids, but most people just hope it is in the name of science mutation opposed to any form of bestiality. 

Since they had collectively agreed to no children, Tony had managed to convince his roommates-turned-lovers into adopting a feline hybrid instead of a traditional house cat. They had been at the CBAC for about an hour looking at the other domestic animals. They started to head to the hybrid habitat for their adoption appointment. They had decided to view the small wild cat hybrids. 

Once they reached the building, Tony signed them in. Tyler, their guide for the evening, escorted them to the small feline sub-section/habitat. He told them to expect multiple types of felines such as foxes, bobcats, and colocolos. He explained how they all live in harmony and there is little to no hostile fights between the different species. In addition, he stated that 90% of hybrids of any type or species are well behaved and collectively have a low fatality rate of 5%. All of which have been from self-defense and/or the defense of a loved one.

Once they made it inside, Tyler asked "Do you all wish to stay together or separate." Nat responded "I think we should stay together guys."  They all agreed and spent the next 20 minutes meeting, learning and petting some of the hybrids. They did not want to choose one at random. Simply wanting fate to decide.

While browsing, James eyes settled on a fierce feline hybrid. Head held high, laying peacefully on a tall rock, beautiful brown eyes staring right back at James.  

"What's type of feline is that? There on the high rocks?" James gestured and asked Tyler

"What's type of feline is that? There on the high rocks?" James gestured and asked Tyler. Nat and Tony are in awe at the feline.

"Oh! She is known as Megainia the Leopardus Pardalis. She is an Ocelot, and in case the name and spots does not give any hints, Ocelots are in the Leopard family. At shy of 500.9 million US Dollars, Megainia is our highest costing hybrid throughout all of CBAC and its partnered companies. Her ancestry states that she comes from a royal mutated family. She has become very high maintenance thanks to the hybrids, domestic animals, and staff loving her and giving her what she wants. She likes for thing to be done a certain way. It is quite funny but you'd find yourselves being trained opposed to you training her. She is not unfriendly but she does develop favorites. She is also capable of sensing energy. The reason she is still here and not adopted is because no one has been able to pass her test. And whenever a family fails her test, her cost raises by $3 million." Tyler explained.

"I'm no mathematician, but that that seems like a LOT of rejects. The pressure definitely sky-rocketed." Nat stated.

"Yeah, she'd be perfect for us but it'll be hard to know if she thinks the same." said James.

"Well, for what it is worth, she seems to be staring at James. I'll say she is at the very least intrigued. Would you like to carry out the Test of Worthiness?" Tyler asked. They all agreed. Tyler smiled brightly and escorted them to another room. A three-minute walk from where they were currently. 

Tyler begins to explain the gist of what will happen in the testing room. "I must remind you all that she senses energy. She feels when someone is not in their correct state of mind and/or when someone is not a genuine person. She does not like to be babied or petted pre-maturely. Now, the test should not last more than 10 minutes. When I re-enter with Megainia, stay seated, and do not make any sudden/loud movements or noises. If she comes to you, let her sniff you out. If she nudges your hand with hers, she is asking you to pet her. Do it. After she gets through all of you, she'll sit in her designated corner and meditate. By this I mean she will get into a comfortable position, and sit in silence with her eyes closed. She will start to glow and her stares will intensify deeply. Periodically, she'll glance of each of you, but be natural and don't force any emotions. And finally, once that is over, one of two things will happen. Megainia will either go straight to the door, indicating she is not interested, or she will kneel beside anyone of us. " Tyler finishes as they make it to the room. 

Tyler instructs them to have a seat while he goes and gets Megainia. Doing exactly as Tyler warned, Megainia enters and immediately makes her way to James. He watches as she sniffs him out. She then goes to nudge his hand. James raises his hand to lightly scratch her head, right below her ear. As if forcing herself, Megainia quickly backs away and moves to Tony then Nat. Once finished, Megainia moves to the corner to evaluate them. It takes five minutes of pure silence before Megainia makes her next move. 

❤💛🖤💛❤

Hope you enjoy! Thank you!🥰