A father's blessings

Andrea was dressed in a pair of black wide-legged trousers by Khaite, a Danielle Guizio bustier corset in the shade midnight, a Saint Laurent cropped blazer in the color ash gray, a pair of black Bottega Veneta sandals, and lastly a Valentino Garavani shoulder bag.

After exposing their relationship to everyone, Andrea has been on edge since Antonio was the only one who took it the hardest and stormed out of last week's meeting whilst Lorenzo had been in the middle of discussing their shipments prices. And it's been about two weeks since she's last had contact with Antonio, so she decided to visit him, and of course, her clingy boyfriend just had to go with her, even though he is the sole purpose of Antonio's anger.

They arrived at the Valentino mansion and Andrea instantly took notice of the several cars that did not belong to the Valentinos parked in their driveway, she immediately recognized the license plates to be the Russos and her fists clenched painfully at her sides. Her nails dug into her palm causing imprints to appear from the force,

Ricardo immediately taking notice of the red skin instantly took the girl's hand into his own, stopping her from pinching herself any further, Andrea glanced up at the worried man and sent him a small smile to reassure him as she motioned for them to go inside, her grip on his hand tightening.

The two made their way into the luxurious home and Ricardo glanced once more at Andrea worriedly, only to see that her face was void of any emotion, her lips set in a straight line, her eyes unreadable and set straight ahead, as she held her head high, not once letting an ounce of how she felt under that facade slip through.

Ricardo's brows furrowed at how well she managed to pull off this look, it's like it was a second instinct to her and that caused his heart to clench in pain as he realized just how broken this girl was, he had no idea what her past was like with the Russos as she refused to tell him, but he knew that it wasn't good. She probably thought that he never noticed the way her eyes would swim with hatred and disgust every time she saw them or when their name was mentioned, she probably thought that he never noticed the way she would always try and inflict even the smallest of pain on herself every time she saw them or heard the name, but oh did he notice it, he noticed every little glare, scowl, and scoff, because that's how much he loved her, he could read her like an open book.

The two made their way to the living room area where they heard the distant voices of people talking and guessed that it was probably Antonio and Lorenzo, Andrea quickly took a deep breath before walking into the spacious room, everyone's eyes immediately landing on the couple.

"Papa I was hoping I could talk to you, but I see you have some company over right now so I'll come back later" Andrea's accented voice rang out as Antonio's eyes visibly softened when she called him Papa.

"Stay Passerotta, we were just finishing up" judging by the look on the Russo's faces, they were clearly not, but Andrea couldn't help but feel at peace when hearing the nickname Antonio had given her when he first adopted her into the Valentino household,

With a nod of her head, she led Ricardo by the hand towards an empty couch across from where Antonio was sitting and watched with pleased eyes as the Russo family hesitantly left the room, the slamming of the front door signaling that they had left.

Antonio stared deeply into those hazel colored eyes and forgot for a minute that they weren't Lorenzo's, he watched as Andrea finally let her emotionless facade slip away, and out came the real Andrea, whose eyes always sparkled with joy every time he would bring her ice cream or McDonald's, a smile that could light up even the darkest of rooms, and a laugh that was music to one's ears.

"Papa I know why you wouldn't approve of our relationship because of everything that has happened in the past, but I promise you Ricardo is nothing like them, he genuinely loves and cares for me, and I understand that this is a lot for you to take in but it would mean a lot to me that you give us your blessings."

Antonio only let out a soft chuckle, confusing the couple in front of him.

"I was never looking at the man Drea, I was looking at your eyes, of course, you have my blessings."

Andrea's eyes teared up as she stood to her feet and threw herself into Antonio's waiting arms, the tears that had been building up finally streaming down her cheeks as she hugged Antonio tightly, said the man, smiling happily as he stroked the girl's hair gently. Antonio then looked up and his eyes connected with the loving eyes of Ricardo,

"Take care of her for me, will ya?"

"Always and forever Mr. Valentino"

"Please, you're family to me now just call me Antonio."

Passerotta means Young Sparrow in Italian,