Rivalry

Andrea absentmindedly messed with the variety of rings hugging Luca's fingers as she listened in on the various plans that were being presented by each respective mafia leader, it had been two weeks since her encounter with Ricardo, and Luca had noticed a slight change in her attitude, mood, and actions. He worried deeply for the girl but knew better than to pry, for he knew that the girl hated it more than anything in the world, when she was ready to tell him what was bothering her he would, and that's the only reason he hasn't killed the pathetic excuse for a human being sitting across from him, aka Ricardo Armani. He knew that Andrea didn't appreciate him and Antonio getting involved with her love life, so they chose to ignore the man, for now.

"What do you think miss Valentino??"

Andrea hummed thoughtfully as she turned to face Elijah Faye who had been the one to ask the question, she noticed that he had been keeping a close eye on her since their last meeting two weeks ago and she found that slightly unnerving, but felt no harm or bad intentions from him, so she decided to keep quiet about it and see just what he found interesting about her.

"I think that all the ideas that have been presented by everyone are all wonderful plans, but that's only if you plan on making this mission a suicidal one."

Everyone frowned at the girl's brutal honesty and Andrea couldn't ignore the way Elijah's eyes flickered with interest, his lips slightly pulled up into a smirk as he leaned forward with anticipation.

"What makes you say that Miss Valentino??"

"Well first of all; you all plan to do the same thing which is gathering our men together and attacking the enemy all at once, but there are quite a few flaws in that plan. First, we don't know who we are up against and what surprises they might hold. Second, the enemy will surely know that we plan to attack them with everything that we've got so I'm sure they've come up with a plan to trap and kill us all before we even get the chance to find out who's all behind this. Third, not only will we waste ammo and valuable resources, but we will also lose half of our men giving other neighboring mafias the belief that they can take over our land and titles, and with half of our men dead and the waste of precious weaponry they might succeed. And lastly, in order to come up with a good plan to overtake and surprise the enemy, you all need to learn to use more of your brains, and less of your brawns."

A thoughtful silence filled the room as everyone began to slowly realize that Andrea was indeed right about their plan being a suicidal one, they would certainly lose at least 50% of their men, valuable resources such as ammo, guns, food, allies, and possibly even their titles if they didn't play their cards right. They all took a moment to digest the newly given information and slowly began to think up new ideas that will surely take the enemy by surprise. Andrea on the other hand shook her head in slight amusement that some of the greatest mafia leaders could be so naive, she didn't want to toot her own horn, but she must admit she's seen and been around enough of the wrong kind of people to know that the world can be cruel and unforgiving when it came down to the weakest of the food chain.

"What are you laughing at?"

Andrea snapped out of her little daze when she heard the snappy tone of Catherine's voice reach her ears from across the table where she and Luca sat, the discussing people sitting at the table also cut their conversations short as they focused on the undeniable hatred that the two girl's held for each other.

"That sad excuse of a wig hiding that big ass head of yours, why?"

"This is not a wig! It's my real hair!!"

"Sure it is Caillou"

"Oh please, you're just mad that Ricardo would rather fuck me than you."

"Even if I were blind, desperate, starved, and begging for it on a deserted island, he'd be the last thing I'd ever fuck."

"You're just saying that because you're jealous of me but you don't want to admit it."

"Jealous? Do you know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Catherine Faye?"

"These are Stuart Weitzman heels, they are one of the most expensive heels I'll have you know!!"

"Oh I know, I have a pretty collection of them sitting in the dust in my closet back home."

"Oh please, you're just saying that to get me mad."

"Now why would I be mad at someone whose intelligence is lower than that of a 7th grader?? I feel more sorry for you if anything."

"I am way smarter than a measly 7th grader!"

"What is 2 x 7?"

"49!"

A stunned silence filled the room as Andrea stared at the confident girl in utter shock, of course, she had just been insulting her intelligence because she knew that it pissed her off, but she didn't realize that Catherine really was stupid.

"It's 14....where in the bloody hell did you get 49 from?!?"

Andrea choked out in shock, her face blank but her eyes full of judgment as she eyed the blonde up and down.

"I swear you're the reason why the phrase "all blondes are dumb" is true."

"Shut up you're- your- your ugly and built weird!"

"Me?? Why are you built like that Catherine?"

"Bitch why you built like that?!?"

"Girl I'm built good, God took his time building me bitch that's all I know."

"God took his time building me and put-"

"You had to get built bitch, God built me, you're doctor built you."

"Oh shit! Oh shit!!"

Luca cackled, reaching a hand out to execute his and Andrea's well-thought-out handshake that they've been using ever since they were teenagers. Whilst Andrea stared down the blonde with mocking eyes.

"And I don't want to hear you say anything about the way I dress. Because the difference between you and me is, I have class, and you don't."

Andrea was dressed in a pair of dark washed Brooklyn denim jeans, a vintage Roberto Cavalli embroidered bustier, a pair of light mustard yellow Proenza Schouler boots, a pair of Kuboraum sunglasses, a Jennifer Meyer necklace set, Della pearl earrings, and a set of  Italian 18k gold cuff bracelets that Antonio had specially made for her.

Luca was basically rolling on the ground by now, adding on to the list of embarrassments that Catherine was currently experiencing at the moment, the other's who had been silently watching the whole argument going down finally caved and joined Luc...

Luca was basically rolling on the ground by now, adding on to the list of embarrassments that Catherine was currently experiencing at the moment, the other's who had been silently watching the whole argument going down finally caved and joined Luca in his laughing fit, although the mafia leaders chose to stay seated since they had a reputation to live up too.

"I will have your head Andrea Valentino just you wait."

"I'll be patiently waiting Catherine Faye."