6- Cold

12:16 a.m.

"Stop moving so much, y/n," Bucky mumbles groggily, sleep laced in his drowsy voice. "If you don't like it, you can sleep on the couch," you say.

"Just stop fidgeting so much," he groans with frustration.

"I will but my cold feet on your back," you threaten.

12:22 a.m.

Bucky groans when you start fidgeting. Your teeth start chattering together and you shiver. "Are you cold?" Bucky asks.

"No," you say bitterly.

"You can come cuddle if you're cold," he says with flirtation laced in his voice. "I'm not cold," you say stubbornly.

12:23 a.m.

You get up and grab one of your hoodies from your bag. "What are you doing?" Bucky asks.

"I'm putting a hoodie on," you say.

"I thought you weren't cold," he says and even though you can't see him, you know he's smirking. "Shut the fuck up, Bucky," you mumble.

12:25 a.m.

"Is the heater on?" You ask.

"Yea," Bucky says. You shiver again. "How are you not cold?" You ask.

"Super soldier," Bucky says. You scoff and run your thighs together. "Come here," he mumbles.

"Fuck off," you snap.

Bucky sighs. "Look y/n, I know you have a problem with asking me for help, but please, for the love of god, get your ass over here and let me warm you up."

"No," you say. Bucky sighs out a word that you don't catch and he rolls over so his back it to you.

12:29 a.m.

You tap Bucky's back a few times. "Bucky," you softly says.

"Hmm?" He mumbles.

"I'm cold," you whisper, teeth chattering together so loud it could wake a bear up from hibernation.

"Okay hold on, doll," Bucky says as turns the lamp on and gets off the bed and walks over to his bag. You wrap the now free to use blanket around you and you're jealous of caterpillar's all over the world that are in their chrysalis'. They're definitely far more warm then you.

Bucky grabs his jacket and turns to walk over to you. Except he sets the piece of clothing down when he noticed how flushed your cheeks are. "C'mere, doll, sit up," he says as he walks over to your side of the bed.

You sit up and keep your eyes on his face instead of his bare frontside. Bucky places both of his hands on either side of your face. Your bottom lip trembles when your teeth chatter against each other. "Which one feels better?" Bucky asks and you lean into his metal hand.

He lets out a tsk and removes his right hand from your face. He tugs on your hoodie and you whine when he removes his hand from your face. "I need you to take this off for me, doll," he says.

"What's with the pet name?" You ask.

"Take your hoodie off. You need to cool down," Bucky says.

"I need to warm up," you say with a frown. Bucky rolls his eyes. "You have a fever, doll," he says.

"Do I get to go see Doctor Strange!" You practically yell with wide eyes, then regret it when you start coughing.

"Considering he's in a different country, no," Bucky says. You pout and takes your hoodie off. "Are you gonna make me take my shirt of too?" You ask.

"Not tonight," he says with a smirk and wink.

You mock him and lay back down. "What now?" You ask. Bucky takes the heavy blanket off you and you whine and reach for it. "No," Bucky says as he pulls the blanket off the bed.

He takes the sheet and covers you with it. "You bitch," you say trying to sound scary, but it comes out stuffy when you sneeze.

Bucky rolls his eyes as he lays down on the bed. He turns the lamp off and pulls the sheet up to cover him. You shiver and turn your head to look at him. "Goodnight doll," he says before rolling over so his back is facing you.

"Bucky," you whine and thrash your legs around. "What?" He asks irritatedly. "I'm cold," you whimper.

He lets out a sigh as he rolls over to face you. He wraps his arms around you and pulls you against him. You let him cradle your body against his, only cause he's warm.

After a few seconds of laying in his arms, you feel your eyelids start to shut. Bucky's right hand starts to smooth your hair back, like you're a dog and he's gently petting you. Oddly, the action made you feel more safe than mad.

"Better?" Bucky asks.

"Mhm," you mumble against his chest, which is bare.

As you let sleep cloud your brain, you swore you felt a set of lips press against your forehead, but your sleep deprived mind probably just made it up.