7- Phone Call

"Yea, we're gonna need to postpone some of these missions," Bucky speaks to Tony on his phone. His brows knit together and you look at him confused. "No Tony, y/n has a cold," he says.

You watch as he paces back and forth. "Okay yea I'll do that. Bye," he hangs up and smiles at you. "Hi doll," he says as he walks over to you. You weakly wave at him.

"How ya feeling?" He asks as he touches the back of his right hand to your forehead. You give him a thumbs up. "Ready to kick ass and take names," you say as you grasp for his metal hand and hold it against your cheek.

Bucky chuckles softly. "Not yet, doll," he says.

You watch him grab his jacket and wallet. "I'm gonna go get you something to eat," he says. You frown. "You're leaving?"

He pauses and looks at you confused. "Am I witnessing a vulnerable y/n?" He asks with a grin. You flip him off and he blows you a kiss before leaving.

You lay in bed, shivering. A few seconds later, the door opens and Bucky walks back in. You look at him confused as he grabs his jacket and walks over to you. He puts it around you and kisses your forehead. "I'll be back soon, doll," he says and he leaves.

Stomach filled with butterflies, you reach for your phone and call Sam.

What the fuck just happened?

"Sammy, you will not believe what just happened," you say.

"What?"

You explain what just happened in very precise detail. Making sure you don't leave anything out.

"I knew it. He wants to fuck you," Sam says.

"No. He's probably just being sympathetic cause I'm sick," you say.

"No, he wants to sleep with you," Sam says. You shake your head. "You know I can't see you when you shake your head," he sighs.

"I know. I keep forgetting. I wish you were here."

"I wish I was there too. I'd love to see the amount of sexual tension going on between you and Bucky. God I'm missing out," he says.

You start laughing until it turns into a cough. "You should get some sleep," Sam says.

"Yea okay," you agree.

"Bye y/n. I love you," Sam says.

"I love you too, Sammy," you say and hang up.

You clutch Bucky's jacket to your chest and cover yourself with the sheet. Closing your eyes, you fall asleep.

"It's gonna be okay," Bucky says weakly. You nod. "Yea it's gonna be okay because you're not dying," you say as you continue to untie his arms from the chair.

"Y/n, they're gonna be back any second," he says. You look in his eyes and see he's practically pleading you to leave.

"I don't care, I'm not leaving you," you say.

"Y/n..."

"No Bucky," you snap.

"Doll, please leave..."

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" A man enters the room, wicked smile on his lips as he walks up to you two.

You stand in front of Bucky as you pull your gun out and point it at him. He chuckles and walks even closer to you.

"The guns empty, sweetheart," he says. You pull the trigger, but no bullet comes out. You toss the gun to the ground and pull your knife out. "Wow, a true assassin. You resort to weapons and toys until you absolutely have to use your hands," he says.

He pulls his gun out and aims it at your head. "Please, don't hurt her," Bucky says.

"I won't," he says as he aims the gun at Bucky and pulls the trigger. You scream as you watch blood pour out of the bullet wound in Bucky's forehead.

"Y/n! Wake up," Bucky says as he gently shakes you awake. You open your eyes and let out a sigh of relief when you see him. "Hey, you're crying," he says as he wipes your tears away.

"Bad dream," you say as you swat his hands away. "Did you get me anything to eat?" You ask.

"Uh yea. I was able to track down some soup for you," Bucky says as he hands you a bowl of soup. "Thanks," you say.

He smiles and walks to the bathroom. "Bucky," you call before he can close the door. He looks back at you. "Why'd you kiss my forehead earlier?" You ask.

"I uh— I honestly don't know," he says. You nod, "okay."

"Okay," he says before he closes the bathroom door.