22- Flying Back

A week later:

Tony didn't let you and Bucky finish the mission considering Bucky was in a seriously large amount of pain. He still is. You think he pulled a muscle in his right leg. He's been limping for a while now.

Steve and Natasha were sent in your place. You know exactly what's gonna happen between them the whole time. They're scheduled to come back in two weeks.

Today you and Bucky are flying back to the tower. You've already told him that he has to see Bruce once you get there.

His head is laying on your lap as the jet flys smoothly. You comb your fingers through his hair and he closes his eyes at the feeling.

Do the avengers know that you and Bucky are now together? No. But that's not important.

As far as they know, you still hate each other. Even though technically, you never hated each other. It gets very confusing if you actually dig into it.

Sam knows. Only because he kinda helped the two of you get together. But he's the only one that knows.

"Y/n?" Bucky asks as he sits up.

"Yea?"

"What's gonna happen when we get back to the compound?" He asks.

"You're gonna see Bruce," you say and he shakes his head. "I mean what's gonna happen with us?"

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"Well, are we gonna go on dates? Are you my girlfriend? I just— I don't know where we stand," he says.

You smile and lean in to kiss him. "James, would you like to be my boyfriend?" You ask.

He grins widely, like he just won the lottery. "I would love to be your boyfriend," he says as he kisses you softly.

You giggle against his lips and he continues to have the same lovesick smile on his face. "I have something for you," he says.

"What is it?" You ask.

He shakes his head. "I'm not gonna tell you, but close your eyes," he says.

You eye him suspiciously, but close your eyes. You feel his lips against your for a quick second before you hear metal. Bucky kisses your forehead as he puts something around your neck. "Open your eyes, doll," he says.

Slowly, you open your eyes and meet his. You feel something against your chest and when you look down you see his dog tags resting on your chest. "Bucky these are your dog tags," you stupidly observe.

"No shit," he says.

"But they're yours. I can't accept them—"

"Yes you can. They're mine, but so are you. I want you to have them," he says. You look at him and smile. "I don't have anything to give you," you say.

"You've already given me everything I've ever wanted," he says as he cups the sides of your face with his hands. "I don't want anything else, but you."

You smile and rest your head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around you and kisses the top of your head.

The jet lands and you help Bucky out. Sam and Tony run up to you and take Bucky away from you. He looks back at you and you smile. Quickly, you tuck his dog tags behind your shirt as Wanda and Hope run up to you.

"We missed you so much," they squeal as they hug you.

"I missed you guys too," you say.

They walk with you to your room and help you unpack. "So, how was it with Bucky?" Wanda asks.

"Unbearable at first, but towards the end, it wasn't bad," you say.

"Really?" Hope asks and you nod.

"Nothing happened between you two?" Wanda asks with a raised eyebrow and you shake your head no. "Really? Than how do you explain these?" She asks as she grabs the dog tags.

"What? How did you— never mind. So... maybe we're dating now," you say.

"I knew it!" Wanda says. You roll your eyes.

"Ms. Y/n?" Friday asks.

"Yes?"

"Mr. Banner would like to see you in his lab," Friday says.

"Okay, please tell him I'm on my way," you say.

"Of course."

"I'll see you guys later," you say and they wave bye as you leave.

You walk in the lab and see Bucky laying on a bed with Bruce next to him. "You called," you say as you walk up to Bucky's side.

"He wanted to see you," Bruce says.

"You just spent two months with me," you say as you look at him.

"It wasn't enough," Bucky says softly.