26- Breath

You pull away from his lips, just for them to follow you and attach to yours again. Magnets being drawn together, but the kind that takes a lot of effort to be pulled apart. Even the strongest human in the world can't get those small little things to pull away from each other. Because they're made for each other.

"Bucky wait," you say breathlessly. He tries to kiss you again, but you dodge him. "What? What's wrong?" He asks.

You shake your head and he looks at you confused. "We broke up. We can't kiss when we're broken up," you say.

"Why the fuck not?" He asks. Your eyes widen as you walk away from him. "Who wrote the rule book on what you can and can't do after a break up? I wanna meet them and have a chat. Tell them to bring the book so I can write in it 'kissing and sex allowed'," he says.

"Bucky," you sigh as you sit on your bed. "Us kissing is gonna lead to us having sex and that's just gonna make this break up harder."

"No it'll just make me harder," Bucky says with a grin as he leans down to kiss you, but you push him away. He squats in front of you and softly touches your knee. "Look, I didn't mean what I said. If you don't want to get married or have a family, that's fine. As long as I'm with you, I'll be okay," he says.

"No you won't—"

"Yes I will!" He shouts as he stands up. "I can't fucking breath anymore. You're not with me and I can't fucking stand it. Less than 24 hours and I'm falling apart. I'll give up everything just to be with you."

"But you won't be happy," you say with a frown.

"I will if it's you I'm with," he says softly as he drops down to his knees in front of you. His hands land on your thighs and he pulls them apart to rest his head against your inner thigh.

You look down at him and softly stoke the back of his head. His eyes are looking up at you and he lets out a sigh when you scratch his head softly. "I can't Bucky. I can never marry you and I know marriage is something you want. I don't want you to resent me," you say and he shakes his head.

"Why can't you marry me?" He asks softly.

"I came from a messed up family. I met Sam because I had to move in with my aunt and uncle after my father— he uh— he killed my mom and my little sister. He seemed like a normal guy. He was happy with us, or so it looked liked it. Until the night that he snapped and killed them," you say.

"How did you survive?" Bucky asks.

"He spared my life. Said it had value in it," you say with tears in your eyes as you look away from Bucky. He stands up and sits next to you. "I'm so sorry that happened to you," he says.

You smile at him and he wraps his arm around your shoulders before pulling you against his chest. "I know you're nothing like my dad, but there's still that part of me that's traumatized by it and I just can't risk it," you say.

"I know, doll," Bucky softly says.

"Maybe one day I'll be able to find enough courage to walk down the aisle to you," you say making Bucky smile.

"Take all the time you need. I waited decades to meet you, I can wait another," he says and you smile as more tears fall from your eyes.

You look at him and softly press a kiss to his nose. He scrunches it and you giggle before kissing his lips softly.

Bucky uses every ounce of self control he has to not rip your clothes off and fuck your brains out. Nows not the time for that. Instead he lays down on your bed and pulls you with him. Cuddling you close to him, hoping one day, he'll be cuddling you as his wife.