19- Warehouse

You open your eyes and look around the room for Nat and Sam. "Bucky," you say and shake him awake.

"Hmm?"

"Where are Nat and Sam?"

"At the compound," he says groggily.

"I thought they were here."

"No."

"Don't you remember, they walked in on us having sex," you say. Bucky turns around to face you. "What kind of dreams are you having?" He asks with a smirk. You frown and sit up. You were certain that they were here. That dream was extremely vivid.

Bucky sits up next to you and kisses your temple. "I have to go out today," he says as he rubs your back. You look at him confused. "What for?"

"Tony sent me some information yesterday about the Porta del Diavolo's. I would tell you to come with me, but I need you to stay here for me. Can you do that?" He asks. You nod.

Bucky leans in to kiss you. Before his lips meet yours, he whispers, "good girl."

He stands up and goes to change. You stay in the same position on the bed. As soon as he comes out, you speak. "I'll do you the favor of staying here, if you do me a favor too," you say.

"Okay. What is it?" He asks.

"Share your location with me," you say.

"Huh?"

"Never mind, just give me your phone," you say and hold your hand out. He obliges and hands you his phone.

You go to your contact on it and frown when you see your name. "Really? Number one bitch?" You ask.

Bucky smirks. "What? You're my number one bitch."

You roll your eyes and share his location with you. "There," you say and hand his phone back.

"I'll be back in a few hours," he says and leaves. And you sit and wait. 

It's been a day.

An entire day.

He's not back. 

You've checked his location several times, but it's been in the same spot since yesterday. Are you freaking out? A little bit.

Okay, so you've already had like three panic attacks.

And you called Sam like fifteen times. He didn't answer and you assume he's on a mission.

Your phone rings and you see Sam calling you back. "Sammy," you say as soon as you pick up.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" He asks.

"Bucky went out for a mission yesterday and he hasn't come back and his location says he's been in the same spot. I'm freaking out Sam. What if something happened to him?" You ask and tears stream down your face.

"Okay y/n. I need you to take a long, deep breath. Okay?"

"Okay," you say and take a deep breath.

"Now, why don't you go to where the location says he is and go from there. I think you're forgetting one of your strengths is tracking," Sam chuckles, trying to add humor to the situation.

"Okay yea. I'll do that," you say.

"Alright. Call if you need anything else," he says.

"Okay."

"Bye y/n."

"Bye Sammy," you hang up and change into your combat gear as you go to look for Bucky.

You get to where his location says he is and find his phone on the ground. Crouching down to grab it, you notice light footprints in the sandy ground. So, you follow them.

They lead you to an old warehouse and you already know this isn't going to end well. Walking in, you glance around the rooms. Shelves are everywhere and your try to move around them without causing any commotion.

Your eyes land on a chair in a room and on it, Bucky. Your heart beats faster as you move towards him. He sees you and smiles faintly. You go behind him and start untying his arms.

"You need to leave," he says and you chuckle. "Leave you to die? No thanks that's not on my bucket list. Well actually— doesn't matter," you say.

"It's gonna be okay," Bucky says weakly. You nod. "Yea it's gonna be okay because you're not dying," you say as you continue to untie his arms from the chair.

"Y/n, they're gonna be back any second," he says. You look in his eyes and see he's practically pleading you to leave.

"I don't care, I'm not leaving you," you say.

"Y/n..."

"No Bucky," you snap.

"Doll, please leave..."

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" A man enters the room, wicked smile on his lips as he walks up to you two.

You stand in front of Bucky as you pull your gun out and point it at him. He chuckles and walks even closer to you.

"The guns empty, sweetheart," he says. You pull the trigger, but no bullet comes out. You toss the gun to the ground and pull your knife out. "Wow, a true assassin. You resort to weapons and toys until you absolutely have to use your hands," he says.

Your dream comes to your mind. This is exactly what happened before Bucky was shot. You have a chance to rewrite it.

He pulls his gun out and aims it at your head. "Please, don't hurt her," Bucky says.

"I won't," he says as he aims the gun at Bucky, but before he can pull the trigger, you throw the knife and hit him in the throat. He gasps for air and drops the gun as he falls. You grab the gun before he can. Blood seeps out of his throat as he chokes.

You quickly untie Bucky and help him up. With your help, he stands up. You wrap his arm around your shoulders to keep him upright.

"C'mon baby," you say as you walk out of the warehouse together.