28- Forever

You lay on the bed and Bucky stands next to you as you wait for the doctor to come in. He takes your hand and holds it in his. "I love you," you say making him smile.

"I love you more," he says and kisses your knuckles.

The door opens and the doctor walks in. "Hello, I'm Dr. Jameson. It seems that you might be pregnant?" He asks as he looks as his clipboard.

"Yea, I took a test and it was positive and I haven't had my period in a while," you say.

"Do you remember the last time you had your period?" He asks.

"Two months ago. That was the first time we..." you trail off before you say too much, feeling embarrassed already.

The doctor doesn't pay much attention to your comment, but when you look at Bucky, he's smirking. You bite back a smile and look away from him.

"Alright, this is going to feel a little cold and there's gonna be some pressure," he says. You nod and Bucky kisses your forehead as he holds your hand.

It did feel cold, and there was a lot of pressure. When you come in for an ultrasound, they request you to have a full bladder. Why? You don't know, but you hate it.

Suddenly, you hear a thumping sound and you stop moving. "There it is," Dr. Jameson says.

"Oh my god," you say as you look at the screen and faintly see the baby.

"I'll give you two a moment," he says and leaves the room.

"Look at that. We made that," you say and feel tears in your eyes. "God damn it," you say.

"What? What's wrong?" Bucky asks as he looks at you.

"I can't get rid of it," you say.

"Why'd that?" He asks.

"Look at it. It doesn't even have a figure, it's just a blob and I still love it," you say.

Bucky softly kisses your temple. "It's okay," he says and you shake your head. "What are we going to do. We're gonna have a baby. We're gonna have to quit the avengers to raise it and find jobs and move out of the compound, and—"

"Calm down. Take a deep breath," he says and makes you take a deep breath with him. "Don't worry about all of that. I'll take care of it, okay?" He asks.

You nod and lean your head on his chest for a second before looking back at the ultrasound. "I'll do it," you say after a moment of silence.

"Do what?" Bucky asks.

"I'll marry you, when you're ready," you say.

"Y/n I don't want you to marry me just because we're having a baby," Bucky says.

"That's not the only reason I want to marry you. Bucky I love you. When you love someone, you always want to be with them. I want to grow old with you. Fuck I want a house with a white picket fence and a backyard that our kid can play in and a dog or cat so they won't get lonely. I want it all," you say.

"Will you marry me?" Bucky asks and you laugh through your tears as you hold both of his hands in yours.

"Yes, I will marry you," you say.

He smiles widely and leans down to kiss you. "I love you so much. I love you, I love our baby. I love you both with all my heart," he says.

"I love you too, James," you say.

"I'm yours forever, y/n," he says.

"Forever," you repeat and smile softly.