14- Arguing

"Ow ow ow ow," Bucky says as you push on his arm more.

"Take it back," you say harshly.

"No," Bucky scoffs. You apply more pressure to his arm and he lets out a squeal. "I take it back. I take it back!"

You release his arm and he stands back up to his height. "Holy shit," he says as he rubs his arm.

"Maybe next time you won't say that you can take me in a fight," you say.

"I can take you in figh—" Bucky stops speaking when you glare at him.

"Maybe instead of fighting each other, you could fight the bad guys," Sam says and you forgot he was on FaceTime. "Also Bucky, she could kick your ass."

"Thank you Sammy," you say and look at Bucky with a smile. He doesn't smile back, and instead glares at you. "I can take you in a fight any day of the week," you say.

"Is that so?" Bucky asks as he steps closer to you. Tilting your head to the side, you step closer to him, almost closing the distance. "Maybe we should actually try fighting, instead of you asking for my hand and putting me in an arm bar," he says.

"You shouldn't have given me your hand," you say innocently. Bucky looks you up and down as he takes another step to you.

"Hey guys, I don't care if you wanna get freaky in the sheets with each other, but please give me a warning to hang up before you kiss," Sam says.

You roll your eyes and walk away from Bucky to grab your phone. "Don't worry Sammy. Nothings gonna happen," you say.

"For now," Bucky calls out and you shoot him a glare.

"Tell me all about what's happening back at the compound," you say.

"I saw Natasha leave Steve's room in just a robe this morning," Sam says. You gasp and Bucky nods his head with a smirk. "Nice," he says.

"She didn't tell me she was hooking up with Steve," you pout.

"You really wanna get in the discussion of what you didn't tell each other?" Bucky asks and you stick your tongue out even though he's right.

Natasha has ever right not to tell you who's she's hooking up with. You didn't tell her about you and Bucky. "I'm still upset you didn't tell me when if first happened. You technically didn't even tell me. I figured it out," Sam says.

"I couldn't even believe it myself. Part of me didn't want to believe it. I mean, I hooked up with the person I hate," you say. Sam chuckles and Bucky falls silent as he walks in the bathroom.

"What's his deal?" Sam asks and you shrug.

As soon as Bucky closed the bathroom door, he let out a sigh as he rested his hand on the edges of the sink. He lifted his head to look at himself in the mirror. Your words ringed in his ears over and over again. Clouding his mind as they repeated. I hooked up with the person I hate.

Of course you said that. You've always hated him, so why was he expecting you to suddenly not hate him? Just because he realized he's utterly in love with you, doesn't mean you feel the same. From what he's gathered, you want nothing to do with him. You're here involuntary, on a mission you want to get over with so you don't have to be alone with him a second longer.

That wouldn't change because of his feelings for you. His feelings are separate from yours. He loves you. You hate him. That's the way it is and that's the way it'll always be.

A sick feeling twists in his stomach and he feels like he's gonna puke. Tears brim in his eyes and he grips the edge of the sink. She'll never love me. She'll never like me. It'll always be 'I love her,' 'I hate him.'

One tear seeps from his eye and travels down his cheek as he stares blankly at himself in the mirror. He must've not heard the first knock you did on the door, because the door opens and you walk in. "Hey I was wondering— what's wrong?" You ask as you notice the tear falling down his face.

You step closer to him and cup the sides of his face with your hands. Using your thumb, you wipe the tears from under his eyes. "Why are you crying?" You ask softly.

Bucky places his hands over yours. "I'm just scared hydra will find us," he says. It's not a total lie, he is scared hydra will find the two of you.

Your eyes soften as you pull him in for a hug. His arms wrap around your waist and he settles his head against your neck. You wrap your arms around his neck and cradle the back of his head with one hand. He nuzzles against your neck and breaths in your sent. Letting the woman he loves, comfort him, as it's probably the closest he'll get to being cared for by you.