24- Sensitive Topic

You tried to escape the party with Bucky, but it didn't work out. Tony stopped you before you could leave and you made the excuse that you didn't feel good, but he insisted that you stayed for ten more minutes. Eventually you caved cause arguing with Tony is a fight you'll never win.

"Alright everyone gather around please," Tony says as he speaks into a microphone.

Bucky glances at you and you groan. He kisses your cheek and wraps his arm around your waist. "Just a few more minutes doll," he whispers.

"So, last night I said I was going to announce a big change tonight. Here goes nothing. Pepper Potts would you please do me the extraordinary honor of taking my hand and becoming my wife?"

"Holy shit," you and Bucky say in unison.

Pepper walks up to Tony and nods her head as tears fall down her face. He hugs her and kisses her as the room erupts with applause.

You take Bucky's hand and walk out of the room while everyone is distracted. "I'm happy for them," he says and you nod in agreement. "I think marriage is great."

You shrug and walk into your room. Bucky follows you and closes the door. "Do you not think marriage is great?" He asks.

"It's not that I don't think it's great, I just... don't see myself being married," you say.

"Why?"

"Because I don't think marriage has any value."

"What? You don't think marriage has value? It's two people saying they want to spend their lives together to share everything with each other and love each other forever. You don't think that has value?" Bucky asks.

"Look Bucky it's not a big deal. So what if I never want  to get married? It's my choice," you say.

"I understand that, but if you never get married then where are your relationships gonna go. How long are you gonna string someone along, just to say 'oh hey, this has been fun, but I'm never going to marry you'?" He raises his voice as he steps closer to you.

"I'm just not sure if commitment is for me," you shrug and Bucky scoffs.

He walks closer to you. "Y/n, I love you with every ounce of my heart. I'm committed to you, to this relationship, but if you can't see a future with me, then I can't do this," Bucky says.

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"If you can't see us being married with kids, or dogs, or even a cat, then I can't be with you," Bucky says.

"What happened to, 'I won't be able to move on, you're it for me'? What happened to all of that?" You ask.

"It hasn't changed, but doll, I can't do this if you're not all in," he says.

"Then maybe we should call it," you say and Bucky shakes his head. "I can't give you what you want. You deserve better. I'm sorry."

Bucky reaches for your hand, but you pull it away. "Let's not make this any harder than it already is," you say.

He gives you a small bod before leaving your room. You let out a sigh as you sit on your bed and stare at the wall. "I guess it's better it happened sooner rather than later," you quietly say to yourself.

Trying to sleep never seemed harder. You were so used to having a body pressed against you in anyway. Now it was just you.

When sleep didn't greet you, you got up and walked down the hall to Wanda's room. Opening the door, you found it empty. She's definitely with Vision.

Hope sleeps with Scott, Sharon isn't here, and Carol is  in space. Sam is with his sister. There's no one else you feel comfortable enough to sleep next to besides...Bucky.

Walking down the hall, you gently open his door and walk in. He's laying on his bed, facing you, but his eyes are closed. Making your way over to his bed, he pulls the blanket back and scoots over to make room for you.

Laying down, he encloses you in his arms and presses his face in the back of your neck. "This doesn't mean we're back together," you state.

"I know, doll," Bucky sighs as he presses a kiss to your skin.

You turn around to face him and snuggle against his chest. "I still love you," you quietly whisper.

"I still love you too," he says.

"Goodnight, Bucky," you say.

"Goodnight, y/n," he says.