25- Broken

"No!" Sam yells as he stares at you. "I'm sorry Sammy, but some things just don't work out," you say and reach for his hand.

"Don't," he says and pulls his hand back.

"Sam don't be like this," you say.

"I specifically told you not to throw this away," he says as he looks at you with disbelief. "And you did just that."

"It wouldn't have worked. We want different things," you say.

"What kind of things?"

"He wants marriage and kids and a house with a white picked fence and a dog or cat. He wants the package deal and I can't give that to him," you say with tears in your eyes.

"Why not?" Sam asks.

"You know exactly why!" You scream and sit down on your bed as you break down.

Sam sits next to you and tries to wrap his arm around your shoulders, but you push him away. "Y/n, I know you don't want the same thing that happened with your parents, but Bucky would never hurt you or your kids," he says.

"You don't know that," you say and shake your head as more tears fall down your face. You haven't really had a chance to cry your heart of because of the breakup. But nows not the time. You wipe the tears away and force them to stop.

"Y/n, Bucky loves you more than anything in this entire world. He wouldn't be able to live with himself," Sam says.

"The amount of time Bucky and I have known each other, has been spent hurting each other," you say.

"Okay, but now he wouldn't hurt you."

"Can we please just go down for dinner?" You ask and Sam nods. "Go splash some cold water in your face," he says.

The two of you walk into the dinning room and see two seats are available with food set out in front of them. Sam sits down in the seat next to the edge and you sit next to him. Which also happens to be the seat next to Bucky. You glance at him and he glances at you.

The salad has olives so you start picking at them and pushing them around. "Sammy do you want my olives?" You ask and he shakes his head. "You know I don't like olives," he says.

You nod and slowly look at Bucky. He nods and starts picking the olives off your plate and putting them on his.

"Holy shit!" Sam yells and everyone turns to look at him. "The olive theory," he whispers and only you and Bucky catch it.

"Everything alright Sam?" Tony asks and Sam snaps out of whatever spell he was under. "Yes. Just peachy," he says with a huge ass grin.

You look at Sam confused and he winks at you.

"What was that?" You ask after dinner. Sam shoves you into your room and closes the door. "The olive theory y/n," he says excitedly.

"What?"

"You and Bucky are soulmates," he says with a huge grin.

"No we're not," you say. 

"Yes you are y/n. You're meant to be together, you're the definition of two peas in a pod. You jump I jump. He's yours and you're his. It's fate y/n," Sam says and you can't stand it.

"Stop Sam! Bucky and I broke up. The olive theory is some fake thing a bunch of lovesick people came up with. He is not my soulmate, not my pea, or my you jump I jump. He's not mine! Just accept that instead of trying to make this breakup harder than it already was," you say.

Sam lets his head drop as he walks to your door. "You know I'm right about this y/n, you just won't let yourself admit it. You gotta let go of the past. I promise you and Bucky won't have the same fate as your parents. Sometimes the risk is worth taking it," he says before leaving.

You sit on your bed and this time, you let the tears fall down your face as you start to break down. Feeling absolutely and completely broken.

An hour later, your still crying and someone knocks on the door. "Go away please," you croak out, voice raspy from crying for so long.

"Y/n, please," Bucky says on the other side of the door. You practically jump up as you run over to the door and open it.

There he stands, eyes red as he stares at you. He walks past you and you close the door. As soon as you turn around, he hugs you. At first, your caught off guard, but you hug him back.

You pull back a bit to look at him and he... kisses you.