8. A Pair Of Brown Eyes

🔱

A Day Later- Palace

Maharani Tripti, the queen of Kushdweep, was sitting on the bed of her chamber, with the head of her unconscious husband in her lap. She was feeding him somras with a spoon and her expressions said that she was very tired.

She had not slept the whole night and the next whole day. She was taking full care of her husband, feeding him somras time to time. 

Her eyes roamed on his naked and well built upper body. His skin was back to normal, thanks to somras. Tripti's vision blurred as she remembered how unrecognizable his body had turned. 

Tripti fed him another spoon of somras and got startled as his body jerked immediately and he opened his eyes, panting.

He looked here and there in order to recognize his surroundings and then he saw his wife's face and realized that his head was in her lap.

'Tripti?' he said in a low and hoarse voice while trying to get up. He winced due to stiffness of his body but was able to sit up. He turned to look at his wife who immediately cupped his face in her soft and delicate hands. 

'Maharaj.' she whispered and Vrishketu could see her eyes watering. Vrishketu held her hand with one hand and kissed it. He brought her forehead close to his lips. 'Hum swasth hain, priye.' (I'm fine, my love.) he mumbled against her skin and then placed a tender kiss on her forehead as well.

Tripti backed away and smiled as he caressed her jaw with his thumb pad, a very small smile on his face.

'Dasi!' Tripti called.

'Aagya Maharani!' (Command, Maharani!) the Dasi said from outside the door only.

'Sbhi ko suchit krdo ki Asur-Raj ne netra khol diye hain!' (Inform everyone that Asur-Raj has opened his eyes)

Tripti got up from her spot and helped him sit with the support of headboard. She poured him some more somras in a glass and then gave him a drape to cover his upper body in front of everyone.

Within no time, Sulochana stormed inside the chamber. 'Putra!' exclaimed and rushed towards him. She didn't take even a second to embrace her grown up son, her son who was father to many grown up children, her son who was one of the fiercest warriors of their race......................as if he was a 5 year old kid.

'Shant ho jayiye, Maa.' (Calm down, Maa.) he told her mother while soothingly rubbing her back. When she let go of him, his father caressed his head and Vrishketu blinked reassuringly towards him.

'Pranam Mate' Vrishketu greeted Mata Diti and she blessed him.

Vrishketu took in everyone's presence in the room- his parents, his wife, Mata Diti, his brothers Sumali and Veer, his sister-n-law Virani standing next to his wife and his sister's fiance.

'Humare baaki bhai swasth hue yaan nahi?' (Have my brothers recovered?) he asked, his voice still lacked the power and energy that drips from every word of 'The Mighty' Vrishketu.

'Ji jyeshth........sb swasth ho chuke hain.......unhe keval thode aur vishram ki avashkta hai.' (Yes jyeshth........all have recovered.........they just need a little rest) Virani replied to his question and he hummed while taking his glass of somras and drinking it.

'Aap sb log itne shaant kaise hain?!' a loud voice caught their attention and they all looked in the direction of Karambh who was fuming.

'Mujhe meri hone wali patni aur mera rajya chahiye!...............Kya Asur-Samrat apne vachan ke itne kache hain?!' he asked in anger and then next moment he blinked, like a rush of wind, Sumali carried him towards the balcony, and now he was being held in the air by Sumali, who had his hand wrapped around his throat.