12. Father's Stubbornness And Love

🔱

Mheem and Khyati rushed to Maharishi Markandey's cottage as they were not able to find Umika anywhere. 

'Pranam Maharishi!' they both greeted him and he nodded. 'Maharishi.....hume Umika kahin nhi mil rahi hai........Kya aap humari koi shahayta kr skte hain?' (Maharishi.......we are not able to find Umika anywhere.......Can you help us?) Khyati asked her with concern.

Maharishi was about to say something but his gaze suddenly fell behind them and he said with a smile 'Umika bilkul surakshit hai.' (Umika is safe)

Mheem and Khyati turned and their eyes widened on seeing Mrityunjay with Umika in his arms. Mrityunjay totally ignored them both and walked passed them towards the pile of dry grass and placed Umika there.

He got up and turned to look at Mheem and Khyati. 'Kya hua hai Umika ko?' (What happened to Umika?) Khyati asked while he and Mheem made there way towards Umika.

'Somras ka aabhav' (Deficiency of Somras) Mrityunjay replied and they both looked at each other.

'Parantu aap log chinta matt kariye.......inhe somras de diya gaya hai.' (But don't worry.......she has been fed somras) Maharishi Markandey said while eyeing the wound on Mrityunjay's hand and then gazing up to meet his eyes. He immediately turned his gaze anywhere but not on Maharishi Markandey.

'Aagya dein Maharishi!' (I'll take my leave now, Maharishi!) with that he was about to go out but Maharishi stopped them.

'Kal jaise hi subah Putri Umika swasth ho jayegi...........meri iccha hai ki aap sab mujhe yahan aakar milein. Mujhe aap sb se ek avashyak charcha krni hai.' (Tomorrow morning whenever Umika gets fine........I wish you all to come and meet me. I want to discuss something important with you) he said.

'Jo aagya Maharishi!' (As you wish Maharishi) Mheem and Khyati said. There was no important thing Maharishi ever had to talk to Mrityunjay so he thought that this time also it was the same case and he began going out.

'Mrityunjay, Putra.............tum bhi.' (Mrityunjay, Putra........tum bhi) Maharishi's voice stopped him and he looked back at him with startled expressions. Maharishi was smiling.

Mrityunjay slowly nodded and went out followed by Khyati and Umika in Mheem's arms.

'Jab bhi tumse milti hai.......murchit ho jati hai!' (Whenever she meets you.......she looses her consciousness) Mheem taunted Mrityunjay as he passed by him and marched towards Umika's cottage. Mrityunjay arched his eyebrows.

'Shama kar dijiye. Vo Umika uski choti behen jaisi hai iss liye vo thoda krodh mein aa jata hai....' (Please forgive him. Actually Umika is like his younger sister that's why he becomes angry sometimes....) Khyati apologized on behalf of Mheem.

'Aur aapne pehle Umika ki raksha ki aur fir aaj hum sbki.......uske liye aapka bohot bohot dhanyawad.' (And thank you for saving Umika that day and all of us today.) Khyati told him with a warm and polite smile to which Mrityunjay also smiled and gave her a nod.

Khyati bid him farewell and made her way in Mheem's direction. 

Mrityunjay kept gazing in their direction but his mind was somewhere else. He doesn't like it when his mind gets restless.

'Yadi koi prashn hai toh pooch lo, Putra.' (If you have any question in your mind, then ask it away son) Maharishi Markandey's calm and peaceful voice came from behind him. Mrityunjay sighed but didn't turn to look at him.

'Mere konse prashn ka aaj tak uttar diya hai aapne Maharishi?' (Which question of mine have you ever answered Maharishi?) Mrityunjay replied in a lost tone. Maharishi chuckled and said 'Mai jaanta hoon ki tum aaj jo hua uske baare mein soch rahe ho.' (I know that you are thinking about what happened today)