43. Wait

🔱

Aryavrath

'Bhojan grahan kr lo Putri.' (Have some food, Putri) Mata Diti didn't know why she brought food for Sulochana and why she was asking her to have it even when she knew that Sulochana won't just every other time.

Though Sulochana hadn't announced this aloud but Mata Diti knew that in her heart she has taken an oath to not have food or water till Vidyunmali's sadhna is not over.

Mata Diti's heart wrenched. Her children are suffering. Vidyunmali was constantly offering his blood in the fire. Sulochana was in no good health. Sumali and Vrishketu must be entrapped by tensions of their parents. Veer was handling the whole Empire on his father's behalf, something he was never trained to do. And subjects always suffer in monarchy when monarchs are suffering.

Mata Diti left a Dasi behind to beg Sulochana to have food and herself took another plate to the cottage of her sister, who was once very dear to her.

Reaching near her cottage, Mata Diti's eyes narrowed on seeing a little radiance that was coming from inside the cottage. She moved closer and as she opened the door and peeked inside, she realized that the source of the glow was none other than the mistress or should say the captive of that cottage.

Mata Aditi was standing near the back window and with a smile, that had not come upon her lips since ages, she was looking up at the dark sky, in a hope, Mata Diti was certain of, that soon it will be lit with the life giving light of her first born.

'Mera Aditya laut aaya hai, Diti...........Mere Putra laut aaye hain.' (My Aditya is back, Diti........My sons are back) she said in a voice filled with emotions and that too without looking back at her Mata Diti.

It was then Mata Diti understood the reason behind the radiance of Mata Diti that was illuminating the whole cottage and even seeping out of it. She was there when Aditi had first embraced motherhood with the birth of her first son, named Aditya after his mother. Aditya's presence had made her glow the same way as she was glowing today.

'Agni, Vayu, Varun aur Aditya.......inn sab par Mahadev aur Mahadevi ne kripa kr di hai.' (Agni, Vayu, Varun and Aditya........Mahadev and Mahadevi have showered their benevolence on all of them) Mata Aditi said while facing her and walking closer.

'Abhi bhi samay hai Diti............Indra ke mukt hone se pehle hi Vidyunmali ko Prabhu ki sharan mein jaane ke liye mana lo.' (There is still time Diti.........Ask Vidyunmali to run into Lord's protection before Indra is freed) Mata Aditi told her with concern.

Mata Diti with her cold composure said 'Mere Putra ne apna marg chun liya hai. Apni suraksha ka bhi aur vijay ka bhi.' (My son has chosen his path. Both of his protection and his victory) 

Mata Aditi looked at her with utter disbelief. What do they think is going to protect them from Mahakal's wrath?! 

She then noticed her sister with so much pity that her eyes watered. Her eyes which were cold right now once used to hold all the warmth in the world. She was the most expressive of all. So pure at heart that she could never bluff anyone. And here she was today.........looking at her no one could tell if it was an alive being or a statue of with calm expressions of coldness

 'Diti?.......Kya ho gaya hai tumhe, meri priye behen?' (Diti?......What has happened to you my beloved sister?) she asked in a tone defeated by her situation.

Mata Diti didn't reply and said while placing the plate on it's place on the ground 'Apno ke diye hue ghav shav bana dete hain Aditi.......ghav dene wale ko bhi ghav sehne wale ko bhi.' (Scars given by loved ones can turn one like corpse, Aditi........both, the one who gives them and the one to whom they are given)