37. Love Far Greater Than Imagination

Do comment❤

🔱

Flashback

Virani gazed at her husbands retreating figure as she stood on the door of their cottage. It had been just days of them being married and so much happened in these days. Her grandfather-in-law was dead, all their family and subjects left the kingdom and came here to do penance in the guidance of Daitya Mata.

Everything was so disturbed and so was her husband. So he decided that he must go away, live his life as a celibate and perform much more greater penance. To which deity? She didn't know. They were tied in an arrange marriage, never had feelings for each other or anyone else, so at first it was easy for Virani to handle the separation.

But soon...........she realized that how much she missed having someone of her own. Everyone loved her- Jyeshth Vrishketu, Tripti Bhabhi, Maa, Pitaji, Diti Maa, her younger in-laws......everyone. But still..........there was a deep hole in her heart with her husband's separation. Everyday she would think about how he must be living in difficult conditions. She used to worry about him, she used to miss him..........and that's how she fell in love with him without him being around her.

In between all this, Vrishketu and Tripti had their firstborn- Vrishbhan and their other offsprings followed through years. Her younger brother and sister-in-laws began to grow up and were getting married off one by one. Everyone had their love and every woman she knew closely had embraced motherhood.

Mata Diti seemed to have sensed her distress. So started involving her more and more in devotion towards Mahadev. Virani's only solace in her lonely life was her isht. Soon she told everyone that she was also going to perform harder penance. But instead, she kept herself locked inside her cottage for most of the time. She would only come out early in the morning, to wash and clean the big temple where Mata Diti worshiped and then again move inside her cottage after performing the first Pooja in that temple itself.

One day, when she was cleaning the temple, she got startled as she found a boy sitting behind the Shivling. He was merely 5 or 6 years old. 

'Tum kon ho? Aur yahan kya kar rahe ho?' (Who are you? And what are you doing her?) she asked him while coming to his level and holding his shoulders as he stood up.

He smiled at her. So beautiful was his smile that Virani was mesmerized. She felt motherhood erupt in her chest. 

'Mai aapke liye aaya hoon................ Maa.' (I am here for you.........Maa) the boy child said in his beautiful and sweet voice. As him calling her 'Maa' repeatedly played in her mind, Virani's eyes moistened. Without thinking much Virani hugged him tightly.

She held his hand and started taking him to her cottage. Since she found him in her Isht's temple and he gave her joy and bliss of motherhood.........she named him Shankar, meaning one who gives happiness.

Having Shankar in her life, it seemed to her that she had everything a person could ever have.......or maybe more. Whenever she used to feed him with her own hands, bestow her affection on him, make him sleep in her lap or even just call him 'Putra'...........it used to feel like salvation.

Virani forgot all her sorrows and sadness. She even forgot the world she lived in. It was just her and her son......her beautiful and adorable Shankar. She would teach him all she had learned from her father, mother and gurus and he would teach her about small small things without actually realizing it. 

Shankar gave her a total new outlook about life. 

Her little boy began growing under the shade of her motherhood. He would serve his mother like an ideal son and she never forgot to appreciate his efforts by showring lots of love and blessings on him. She loved him selflessly.