20. Prem

Please do comment❤

🔱

It was early in the morning and Devi Anasuya was the first one to wake up in the whole valley. She went out of her and Maharishi Atri's cottage to start with the morning. It was still dark like night.

While moving towards the stream of fresh water, she came across the faint yet prominent sound of hammering. A long with her lamp, Devi Anasuya started following the sound.

As she neared, she saw Mrityunjay's back facing him while he hammered an iron nail, carving a statue out of rock.

'Putra?' Devi Anasuya called him but he didn't turn. She frowned and walked a little more closer to him. As the light of lamp fell on the rock Mrityunjay's was carving, Devi Anasuya's lips parted and her mouth widened.

She first stared at the sculpture and then at Mrityunjay's face. He was not paying any attention to her presence and his face looked like he was in some kind of trance.........like his consciousness was not present there at that time.

'Putra?!' Devi Anasuya called him again in a little loud and firm voice but it was of no use. His hammer didn't stop.

'Putra Mrityunjay?!' she called him firmly again but this time her tone held compassion and Mrityunjay's consciousness could not resist her compassionate call.

His hand stopped in the air only and he blinked. He looked at Devi Anasuya and frowned, not able to remember anything. 

'Mata....' his voice trailed off as he tried to remember. She gave him a small and nervous smile and he could see her glistening eyes. She diverted her gaze towards the rock in front of them and he followed her gaze.

Slowly and slowly his eyes started to widen in horror. A cling sound echoed trough the silence as his grip loosened on the hammer and the nail and they fell down together.

(Bgm ❤❤)

The statue in front of his eyes had several arms, each hand adorned with a divine weapon while one up held in a blessing gesture.  She was standing upon a pile of 6 dead bodies, representations of 6 deadly sins- Kam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh, Madd and Matsarya

She was depicted as the most powerful being of the whole creation with the most beautiful face Mrityunjay had ever laid eyes on. It was his Gauri's face.............It was Umika's face.

'Mata ye....' (Mata this....)he couldn't say anything. He just gulped and breathed heavily. He picked up the hammer from the ground and was about to break the statue but Devi Anasuya stopped him. He looked at her with a frown.

'Aghyat hote hue hi shi parantu tumne isse Jagatjanini ka roop diya hai Putra.........mai tumhare hathon iss murti ko todne ka paap nhi hone dungi.' (Unconsciously only but you have given this the form of Jagatjanini son.........I won't let you commit the sin of breaking this statue) she told him.

She was right. Breaking the statue would be an insult to the Goddess which he would never intend to do. 

The remained in silence for sometime and then Mrityunjay said in a low and hoarse voice 'Ye kya hua hai mere saath Mata?..........Maine itne parishram kr ek murti banayi aur mujhe aabhas tk nhi hua?!' (What happened with me Mata?..........I did so much efforts to make this statue and I didn't even get to know?!)

Devi Anasuya looked at him and gave him a small smile. She said 'Jiss yatra pe tum charon nikle ho na Putra, vo keval ek yatra nhi hai.........ek anubhutiyon ka sagar hai jisse tairte tairte tumhe tumhare jeevan ke har prashn ka uttar milega........Meri maano Putra toh iss ghatna ko tb tk bhool jao jb tak iska karan tumhe na pata chale.' (The journey on which you four are set upon son, it's not just a journey.........it's an ocean of experiences while swimming into which you'll find answer to every question of your life...............obey me and forget about this incident till you don't find the reason behind it)