23. Closeness

🔱

The fire around him died and his hair, his kundal and his eyes became normal. With his dark hazel eyes he gazed at Umika. Frown on his forehead and emotions flowing from his eyes. He pushed a lump formed in his throat.

'Pranam Dev.' Umika said still in a tone of uncertainty, joining her hands in front of him. Agni Dev was about to ask her how could she make him a sinner by joining hands in front him but he remembered in time that she doesn't know about herself and he has to take this sin on himself.

'Pranam Dev!' Mheem and Khyati also greeted him.

'Kalyan ho.' For the first time they heard the voice of a God and they had goosebumps on hearing his divine and deep voice.

Agni Dev kept gazing at Umika's face with so much recognition that it made Umika feel nervous. The 'urja' and 'tej' of Agni Dev was recognizing it's source in Umika and was crying the tears of yearn that were held inside his soul for years.

He lowered his gaze and it got stuck to Umika's feet. 'Janani...'  he closed his eyes as he whispered.

Mrityunjay's painful grunt caught Agni Dev's attention. Lines of concern came upon on his face and ran towards Mrityunjay. He knelt in front of him and cupped Mrityunjay's face. Mrityunjay stiffened on feeling two warm hands on his skin. 

Tears brimmed in Agni Dev's eyes.  His whole universe was in front of him. His start, his end, his past, his present, his future.............his whole devotion was in front of him. 

His eyes were healing themselves only due to his nectar like blood but they would take time because the cut was very deep and eye is a very complex and sensitive organ.

Agni Dev's attention got diverted to the sea monster that was present there, the one who caused pain to his Prabhu.

His jaw clenched as he remembered the torture this Demon bestowed upon him all these years, taking advantage of the curse that he was under. 

Two long strides and Agni Dev got hold of it's tail and threw him against another pillar just like he had thrown Khyati. 

The monster didn't even recover from the blow as Agni Dev gave him a blow on it's face just like he had given one to Mheem. 

The sea demon began panicking and tried to escape but Agni Dev immediately held it's big tail in his both hands. The monster tried to free itself desperately, just like Umika was going few moments ago but couldn't.

Agni Dev flipped him so that he landed on it's back. He tried to escape but Agni Dev was quick enough to hit's it's chest hard with his feet. The monster screeched in pain.

The next moment when he opened his eyes, he was met with the empty eye sockets of Agni Dev and then he experienced immense pain as fire started emitting from Agni Dev's eye and it was directed towards the monster's eyes.

Soon, the monster was burned to ashes by Lord of Fire himself.

There was complete silence just a faint sound of a whale singing somewhere in the ocean.

Mheem, Khyati and Umika ran to Mrityunjay and knelt near him. 

'Mitra........humne pehla charan paar kr liya! Hum Agni Dev ko mukt krne mein safal hue!' (Mitra...........we crossed the first level! We freed Agni Dev) Khyati told him happily while holding his one hand reassuringly and Mheem had held his other hand. Mrityunjay smiled.

'Umika sakushal toh hain na?' (Is Umika fine?) Mrityunjay asked while moving his hand in air in order to find Umika. Umika held his hand and said while squeezing it reassuringly. 'Mai theek hoon.......aur aap bhi jld theek ho jayeinge!' (I'm fine.......and you'll also get better soon)