perfect world

Y/n could feel her chest being pressed down during her sleep

Y/n could feel her chest being pressed down during her sleep. Cold sweat ran down from her forehead as she gasped for air, it felt like she was being choked in her sleep or maybe she's having an inescapable nightmare. She tossed and turned in hopes that she'll wake up from an endless loop of darkness. Her eyebrows furrowed in pure confusion when someone's fingers started to brush her hair. "Y/n..." It was a woman's voice. She doesn't remember whose voice it is but it sounded so gentle like the morning breeze. "Wake up..."

Her e/c eyes fluttered open, blurry with tears so she rubbed her eyes to see the woman who's stroking her hair. Y/n froze when her vision started to clear up, a lump was formed inside her throat and she was on the verge of having a melt down on what she just saw. It was her mother. The last time she saw her was seven years ago. "M-Mom?" She didn't know what words to come up to but she immediately threw her arms around her.

"Y/n? Dear, what's wrong?" Rei, her mother, got worried as to why her daughter suddenly hugged her, she probably had a nightmare so she will be needing her mom to comfort her. "There, there, I'm here now." She cooed while threading her fingers through Y/n's hair.

"You're not going anywhere anymore right?" Y/n asked, she couldn't afford to see her mother run away and never come back once again. "You're not gonna run away?" She asks so that Rei can reassure her that she'll stay in the family, just like she wanted. It must have been hard for her to swallow that her mother was gone for seven years and was never present in the family. She brings in money but never shows up during that time period, plus she didn't have an explanation why she left.

Y/n sat up from her bed, removing the blanket on top of her while wiping the tears dotting from her eyes. It's unbelievable since her mom is just sitting right on her bed. Her fingers reached over to her collarbone to feel the heartbeat tracker attached to it, but confusion fell right on her face when she didn't feel anything. "M-Mom? Where's my heartbeat tracker?!" Y/n checks under her pillow and the sides of her bed thinking it might have fallen off during her sleep.

"Oh, we removed it during your sleep, it seemed like we found ourselves a donor. You will be meeting them tomorrow." Rei quickly explained. To Y/n, it's kind of suspicious that her heartbeat tracker was magically removed from her and then she never heard any news of her having a donor from anyone yesterday. Something is definitely off here.

Y/n decided to shrug it off, at least the problem is solved and she doesn't have to worry about anything at all, she can go through strenuous exercises and can participate in her PE classes in school. She took a shower, put on her uniform and styled her hair up into space buns. It feels unusual to see her collarbone without the device attached to it.

She ran downstairs to see her twin siblings, Kanon and Katsuki eating their breakfast already. Rei was already working in the kitchen, preparing their lunch boxes. Y/n sat down, grabbing the bowl of rice and chopsticks. "Psst, Kanon." Y/n whispered with her eyes widening. Kanon raised her eyebrow while chewing her food. "Has mom always been here? When did she return?"