feel my rhythm

"Did you two even contribute anything to extend her life? In this fake world, she will live—Y/n only has a less than a year to live or to put it another way, she'll die once she comes back to the real world

"Did you two even contribute anything to extend her life? In this fake world, she will live—Y/n only has a less than a year to live or to put it another way, she'll die once she comes back to the real world."

"Do you even know what you're doing, Hanako-kun?"

"I'm saving her by confining her into this world, call this an obsession for her or whatever but as long as she lives, it would be fine. She'll forget her memories in the real world when she stays here for long anyways—it's better that way since she'll never have to worry about dying because of her condition."

"Stop with this crap, Hanako! Does Y/n-nee even want any of this?!"

"...I love her, please understand that I'm doing this because I want her to live."

Y/n slowly opened her eyes and found herself laying on a comfortable bed with a curtain above it, like those beds in fairytales that she caught a glimpse of back then. She swore she heard Hanako arguing with Nene and Kou—along with Mitsuba, that's a good thing that they convinced the pink haired boy to escape.

She ended up in a place what seems like to resemble a prison cell. Y/n rubbed her eyes using the heel of her palms, she slipped out of bed and quickly gripped the iron bars, trying to break herself free. Y/n is not a heavy sleeper, she managed to eavesdrop at Hanako's speech while he was talking to Kou about taking her with them to escape but the apparition won't let them do that so easily.

"Does that mean, Hanako-kun brought me here so that I can live long?" That's not bad of an idea at all, Y/n used to hope that her heart condition would be cured, her father kept giving her these promises that he'll find a way—a miracle even to get her free from her struggle. Ever since she met Hanako, she has this sudden urge to stop hoping for her condition to disappear.

At least when Y/n dies, she'll end up as a ghost with an unfinished business and she'll even be with Hanako. Yet the apparition boy does not like that idea at all, someone dying for him, he'd rather have Y/n live, hence why he is doing all of this. In this fake world, Y/n can be with Hanako, just the two of them—but it would be replaced by a fake because Hanako plans to go back to the real world to continue his duties.

Y/n grip on the bars softened, she wiped her tears in a swift motion using her arm, there's no way she's going to cry over this. Y/n's eyes widened slightly when a certain thought enters her mind. "What am I living for all this time?" Is she only living because she wanted her condition to be cured? Or maybe because a dead person like Hanako gave her life meaning? Or was it because to see her dear friends achieving their dreams in the future.

Lets say, Y/n chose the option to stay in the fake world, to live continuously and not to worry about dying anymore. In her opinion, it would be a waste—everything that she worked on to live her life as best as she can, then all of her efforts will go down to the drain. And then what? It seems so unsatisfying that way.