signal

Y/n was laid upon the shore with the red string of fate tied to her small finger

Y/n was laid upon the shore with the red string of fate tied to her small finger. her eyes were closed and droplets of water were cascading from the sides of her cheeks, and her hair flowing through the waters of the boundary.

Hanako smiled sadly, his under eyes crinkled like he just cried recently. He was threading his fingers through her hair, the red string was still visible to his finger. He slipped his hands behind her back and lifted her up to carry her in his arms.

Her eyes fluttered open upon sensing that she was being carried by Hanako as they were strolling away from the body of water to the direction of the shore. "Hanako-kun..." Y/n mumbled in a sleepy voice. Hanako peered down and smiled softly, moving away the stray hair that was covering her face with his fingers.

"Rest my dear." Hanako whispered. "We're going to the far shore."

"And we'll be together?"

Hanako stopped, he glanced down to Y/n and grinned with his eyes closed, placing a tender kiss on top of her forehead as the female chuckled. "Yeah, for a thousands of years and a lifetime. I'm not going anywhere."

"I love you so much dear."

A week has passed after Y/n and Amane both woke up from their coma, and during those days, more of their classmates, teachers and their own relatives visited them to see their state. Somehow both teens were dreaded by the lack of communication from one another, Y/n thought it was stupid not to ask Amane's contact number before any of this happened.

Maybe fate is just playing a trick on them, Y/n knew that Amane exists and he's in this hospital, everyone says so but then, why is she having doubts? It's unfair, if only she could walk—she could even crawl her way to his room. Yamabuki suggested that the two should not be seen in video chats so that their reunion will be dramatic.

Props off to Yamabuki for being a big part of his dumbass self. Y/n will make sure to smack him the first day she gets back to school and after that she'll go talk to Amane, then maybe have a bit of closure and this is the part where they properly confess their feelings with one another. On Y/n's side she was doing well with her walking, with the help of the dextrose stand, but she tends to stumble halfway without it.

Amane was using crutches and sometimes a wheelchair when he feels lazy, it feels dreading knowing that their schedules never match when meeting with the physical therapist and after that he goes to the recreational room—to read some books and go talk to other patients. Too bad, he and Y/n cannot meet, she's in a different schedule. "Hey kid," Amane saw a young man, maybe older than him in a few years, waving at him. "Seems like you got yourself into an accident. Let me guess, from a car?"

"I got hit by a truck, I don't know how I managed to survive." Amane replied, closing his book as he turned to look at the man. He was in high spirits, he has this big smile on his face that he mistook him as a sun. "At least that's better than dying."