Never Mess with a Good Thing

The saying goes when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade right? Well someone gave me limes and I'm out of margarita mix.

When I got home I rushed to change as if my life depended on it not only did I stub my toe but in the result to the toe I tripped and hit my head on the damn bed frame. When life gives you limes am I right?

I quickly gather my thoughts and rush to change, but do you ever have that feeling that you have nothing to wear in a closet full of clothes. After literally destroying my closet I finally found the one. A perfect dress for a night out with a friend and obviously some drinks . Maybe I'll finally get that margarita...

I text Steven letting him know I'm on my way when I hear a thunderous banging on my door, I peek out my blinds and see non other then the monstrous brothers. Knowing damn well I would be dragged away to god know where if I open the door I grab my heels and sneak out the back. I order an Uber, I take a quick look around to make sure I'm not being followed, and text Steven.

" hey I'm on my way meet you in 10"

" bitch you better hurry these drinks are looking to good not to drink"

" I'll be there in a jiffy"

I finally see my Uber pulling up, I quickly get in but I hear a low growl. I frantically look around, I see the brothers a few steps down the sidewalk and I rush to get into the car. The Uber pulls away just as they are running to catch me...
........................

Later that night I'm two drinks in and having a blast with Steven, sharing cringey stories of our childhoods and laughing at such silly jokes. I feel as though I finally let myself relax and enjoy how life is, I forget about every bad thing and just feel happy which makes me realize maybe this is something good.
I take a breathe after a boisterous laugh, my eyes are welling up with laughing tears and I look at Steven.

" I just want to say thank you, for the first time in forever I feel really happy and thank you for being so kind on my first day I didn't expect to make a friend on my first day." I say with a sincere smile towards Steven.

" Girl don't be getting all sentimental on me or I'll start crying. " he says as he tries not to look me in my eyes.

"It's okay we can ugly cry together" I wink at him.

We both laugh as the waiter comes up to us with a bottle of wine.

" we didn't order this sorry" I say as he starts to open the bottle.

" It is compliments from the men over there" he points towards the bar and as I turn I see eyes that I can pinpoint anywhere.

Well there goes the limes again....