The Unwanted Third Party

I see Romeo and Leo at the bar raising their glasses. I turn toward Steven and I see his look on his face, he looks from them to me and I just shake my head as if telling him don't even start.

I take my glass of the wine and clink glasses with Steven, then I gulp down the entire glass. I turn towards the boys and just smile, they look shocked I would even waste such a wine.

Steven looks like he's about to burst out laughing and I just grab the bottle and check that they weren't looking, I mouth to him let's leave. Steven grabs his stuff and mine and I keep ahold of the wine.

We put cash on the table and tiptoe out past the bar, I turn my head and see the boys still weren't looking and I just laugh.

Steven and I run towards his car and quickly get in.

"How about we take this bottle back to my place and we gossip" I ask Steven.

"Say less" Steven chuckles
.................
We get to my place and slump onto the couch in a fit of giggles.

" damn girl your place is so nice and super cozy." Steven says

" it's home sweet home" I shrug

I quickly get up and grab some glasses for the wine and plop back down into the couch. I hand a glass to Steven and I pour the wine.
We both take a sip and sigh.

" That's some good stuff, but can we please talk about why they did that?" Steven gives me the look.

I take a deep breathe and tell him part of the truth but leave out a good chunk of it, not wanting to share their deep secret. I look at him but he has such a good poker face.
"
And that's pretty much it, it kinda feels like a weight has been lifted" I sigh

" I bet, that seems like you've got a lot on your plate girl, just to have all of that right when you just got here" he looks at me with understanding.

"It is, especially since I moved here just after a really bad relationship, that I don't think I have fully gotten over yet. Like I know it wasn't the best not even the slightest but I did love the man. Well now it just feels like I have no control of anything, I'm just pushing through each day trying to keep sane." I trip over my shaky breath. I never meant to just blurt that stuff out. It was just like verbal diarrhea.

"That's understandable every person deserves time to heal and not trying to be a bearer of bad news but you don't seem healed you still seem hurt by the last relationship." He pats my hand reassuringly

"Ugh I hate bringing the mood down, how about we drink and dance" I give my biggest smile.

I turn the music on and Steven and I start dancing like buffoons, we are laughing so much that we both have tears streaming down our faces.

" if I dance anymore I'm gonna throw up..." Steven runs towards the bathroom

I laugh and go to the back door and open it letting some fresh air in, hoping it will cool me down. Drinking and dancing really isn't a good mix and I'm starting to feel the effects of them both.

I start to pick up the glasses and head towards the kitchen, I feel lightheaded and my head starts to hurt. I grab the counter but miss and land on the floor with a thud, I place my hands on the cool floor trying to ground myself. I close my eyes thinking that would help and count down from ten.

" 3 2 1.."

I slowly open my eyes to see Leo staring right at me so close I can smell him. I shriek obviously startled. I scramble to get up but fail miserably. My head is swirling and I'm still not fit to stand.

"Why the fuck are you on the floor" Leo asks slowly as if I couldn't understand him.
"I fell.." I shrug
"Hey can I crash here tonight I think I'm to wasted to drive" I hear Steven shout from the bathroom.

"Why in the hell is he here asking to spend the night" Leo's eyes turn dark and I gulp, I have never seen him angry, and that shook me.

"Yeah I can't have you driving home if your drunk" I yell back

I grab Leo's hand and just shake my head and hold up my finger.

"It's not like that we were just having fun" I whisper

"Having fun? What the hell does that mean" Leo growls