You Will Have To Earn My Trust

The next day...

I am walking into my office gathering all my stuff into a box, my boss\ex walks into the break room I put my stuff down and head to him. I am actually happy to do this because I don't think he will know what's hitting him. I tap on his shoulder he turns around, "Mmmm" Ian asks
" I quit"
I turn around and walk back to my office get the box and head to the elevator telling some of my work friends goodbye mainly the elderly woman who I actually will miss very dearly she always acted as a grandma to me and always gave me candy.

I get in and press the down button to the 1st floor as the doors where closing I see Ian walking towards me but it's too late I'm already gone and heading to my best adventure yet.

***

I walk in my apartment, to be honest, I will miss it and New York. I've always dreamed of coming here as a teen and I am finally here but I have to go, I have so many memories of this place but I know I can always come back if need be.

I call up a real estate agent from Italy asking about any houses or apartments, not really wanting to stay with my cousin because I know he will be bringing girls home like he did when he visited for a few days and trust me I walked in on the weirdest sh*t ever.

I am fitting a flight to Italy when I hear a knock on my door I go to look through the peephole and find Ian unfortunately because I was hoping my order of Chinese food would be here so I go back to the couch and see one for tomorrow at five in the morning so I book a ticket and hear a buzz from the main desk.

I get up and answer it

Hey, ms. Izzy your takeout is here" the receptionist says.

" ok send him up ok Alex thanks"

" ok, no problem".

I grab my purse and get the money ready. I head to the fridge and get some wine, grabbing the wine opener from the drawer and screw it in, pulling till I hear the pop grabbing a glass and pouring my portion not wanting to get a lot.

I hear a knock and so I rush to the door grabbing the money off the counter and open it only to see the delivery boy and Ian.

I give the money to the guy and take my food, I thank him and close the door not wanting to talk to Ian. I am grabbing my wine and the bottle as I hear thunderous pounding on my door having enough of his childish manners I walk to the door opening it,

"What!!" I say agitated

" Please let me in to explain," he says desperation obvious in his voice.

" I don't care anymore you had your chance," I say, I close the door but he sticks his foot out blocking it from closing fully.

" Please Izz I love you," he says desperation dripping from his tongue.

" Ha that's funny then why did you cheat and send me texts saying she lets you fuck her ass, why would you stoop so low to try and make me feel worthless" I yell in his face.

" what do you mean texts I've never texted you about that" confusion sets on his face.

" The text I got when I was heading to my car last night after I got off work" I yell.

" I don't know what you're talking about I've never sent you a text saying that why would I? " he says confused written all on his face.

" Ugh if you didn't send it then who the fuck did," I say as I run to the sofa grabbing my phone and thrusting it  towards him.

He looks at the texts and his face contorts from confusion to anger in a matter of minutes.

" I didn't send this it must have been Ann," he says giving my phone back, I take it and put it in my back pocket of my jeans.

" Why would she do that I was her friend," I say confused and pissed that he would accuse Ann who I've known since college.

" That night you walked in on Ann and I she told me you were cheating on me saying that you working so late was a cover up when in truth you would go meet this Tyler McGinnis guy," he says looking down.

" Ian you know I've been working late, I was gonna surprise you with a stay at home vacation since I know you've been working really hard" I just blurt out I cover my mouth and blush feeling my face heat up. Ian looks at me surprised but then he gives me that smile that used to make my knees weak.

" Really Izz you were gonna do that for me. Please forgive me, Isabelle, I made a bad mistake I should have just waited for you to come home but Ann she took advantage of my heart when I thought I was losing you" he begs on his knees. I have never seen him actually beg for anything like this.

" I don't forgive you fully because, in the end, I'm still leaving, we can restart as friends but just know it will take a while to build up my trust for you," I tell him looking straight into his eyes.

Ian's eyes showed sadness but his words shocked me.

" ok, I will do everything I can to show you I am worthy of your trust it may not be now but I promise you I won't stop fighting to get you back" he says as he walks slowly towards me, I stay not moving an inch, showing defiance as he takes my hand and rubs his thumb over the top of my hand. I look into his eyes and know if he does this for too long I will break.

I remove my hand from his and walk back to the door opening in finally taking in that I let him in without noticing.

" Its late and I have a plane to catch at five," I say.

"I love you Isabelle always remember that" he walks out but not before he gives me a kiss on the cheek and brushed a piece of hair out of my face.