Chapter-16

Another Person's POV

Ming holds Jingyi's little hand and looked at the grave of the person who left this little boy's responsibility to him. Jingyi didn't speak since he get to know about his adopted mom's death.

Doctors told Ming that Jingyi will take time to overcome his trauma but Ming knew how much it hurts. He lost his both parents at an early age.

Jingyi is just a kid. She was the one who gave him the motherly love and now she was gone from his life.

"Jingyi don't you want to say something to her..."

Ming caress his hair and asked him gently. Jingyi's eyes flicker and then he again turned to the grave crafted with her name.

"Mi-sss yo-uu..."

He finally spoke after two days. Ming wants to cry in his husband's arms but he can't. This kid needs him and he can't become fragile when he needs to be strong.

Forth close his eyes. He doesn't even want to stay there remembering his old wounds. He doesn't want to live that day again.

He looked at Jingyi who was holding Ming's hand and his doe eyes can't look away from the grave.

Ming glanced at Forth

Ming glanced at Forth. Their eyes met and Ming saw the pain in Forth's eyes. He wants to hold both of them and hide in his embrace. Forth eyes were looking the same as jingyi's..... Lost and in pain....
.
.
.
.
.

"Mae.....!!!"

Forth screamed when they buried her. He was only twelve when he lost her. His father was kneeling beside her grave crying his heart out.

His grandpa held his hand tightly. He wants her back. How would he live without her?

"I miss you.... Mae.... Don't leave me..."

Forth yelled. His voice was painful and hurtful to hear. He only knows one thing he will never see her again because of that woman....

Forth turned to Betty who's looking at his father with something in her eyes which Forth couldn't understand but he knows it isn't a pain of losing her best friend but something else.

Come back.... Mae....!!

Please....!

Mae....!!
.
.
.
.
.

Ming covered Jingyi in the duvet. He brush Jingyi's bang and smiled lightly. It took him a while to make Jingyi sleep.

Ming put the light on in their bedroom. He doesn't feel right to let Jingyi sleep in a separate room. He doesn't know how much time it will take for Jingyi to overcome the loss.