chapter two. our deal

|all for us — two — our deal|
" i own you now. "

|out of touch|

|out of touch|

JORDAN IS NOT fully prepared to go back to school, especially not back at East Highland. He's forgotten about how clingy the couples are and how much PDA he'll have to experience as he trudges through the crowded hallways. He hates it.

"Good morning," greets Rue cheerfully. She's walking with Jules Vaughn, and they're hand-in-hand. "You know Jules, right?"

"Yeah," nods Jordan, puzzled. "I, uh, thought you guys...?"

Jordan was painfully unaware of the fact that me and Jules had gotten back together on New Years'. I had forgotten to tell him. When Jules looked at me, she looked extremely angry. I wasn't fully sure why— I'm not the best at emotions.

"No, no. We're dating." says Jules, and Jordan nods again.

"Well, that's good." he voices positively. "Rue was talking about how much she, uh, likes you, you know."

Thank God Jordan was a good people person.

Jules beams at Rue, blushing a little. "She can be sweet sometimes, can't she?"

Jordan grins. "Occasionally. Especially when she wants something."

Jules leans down and kisses Rue, but Rue's eyes are elsewhere, down the hall. Jordan follows her stare and sees a blonde-haired boy walking over to them. He had a few tattoos on his face and neck, but he has a nice smile.

"Yo, Rue!" he greets, approaching the couple and Jordan.

"Hey," says Rue.

"What's going on?"

Jules looks suspiciously at the boy. "Hi."

"Hi." he smiles at her and gives a small wave to Jordan, who nods his head.

"Nothing." shrugs Rue awkwardly. She's always been somewhat socially awkward, that much Jordan knows for a fact, especially when it's confrontational. This boy doesn't seem like he wants to say anything serious to Rue, so Jordan is confused.

"I'm Jules." Jules smiles at the boy.

"Jordan." adds in the curly-haired drug dealer.

"Sorry," Rue shakes her head wildly, "this is Jules and Jordan."

"Hey. I'm Elliot." The boy, who Jordan now knows to be Elliot, looks kindly at Jordan and Jules. "Nice to meet you."

"Sorry," apologizes Rue quietly, "introductions are usually, very, um... overwhelming and... and debilitating... for me. At least."

Jules clicks her tongue after a second of silence. "Oh. So, how do you know Elliot?"

"We met on New Year's," answers Elliot honestly. Rue tenses up before laughing uncomfortably.