extra two. jealousy, jealousy

|all for us — extra — jealousy, jealousy|
"you know nothing about girls."

|euphoria season 3|

|euphoria season 3|

JORDAN IS IN the library, peering over Rue's shoulder as she texts Lexi. Lexi has been more than upset about Fez being raided, but Jordan hasn't been there to console her. In fact, he's just as worried as her.

"Jordan?" says another voice, and he turns around to see Cassie standing awkwardly at the entrance of the library. Rue and Jordan look at each other in wonder before Jordan straightens up and tilts his head.

"Hey, Cassie." he greets, his tone more than uncomfortable. He walks slowly over to her. "What's up?"

"Can we talk?" motioning to one of the rows of bookshelves. It's not like there's that many people in the library as is, but clearly, she wants the privacy nonetheless. Jordan swallows as she takes his hand before getting a definitive answer and pulling him into the aisle.

"Did you get my text?" Cassie asks, getting straight to business. Jordan, who hasn't had a phone since he was shot, looks at her in confusion.

"No," he replies promptly, "I... I think my phone was destroyed... a while ago."

"Oh," says Cassie, wincing at herself before clearing her throat, as if clearing the tension in unison, "well, I sent you something after the play. About us."

Once again, Jordan sighs. It's just like all the other times— either Cassie wants to hook up or she wants to get back together. Either way, Jordan isn't necessarily open to the idea. He puts his hands on his hips, his eyes scanning over the books on the shelves around him. He begins biting his nails.

"I think we should try again." she says enthusiastically. "It makes sense, right? You were always there to protect me, and I can make sure you're okay... we can be each others' rock again."

They were never each others' rock. Jordan hadn't ever needed a rock. Maybe now Jordan needs a rock. Cassie isn't his rock. If anyone is, it's Rue, Maddy, or Fez. And the fact that Maddy is on that list would surprise the Jordan from five months ago.

Jordan doesn't want a relationship. He can't think about one right now, and that's why he likes Maddy so much. She understands that. She understands him, and he knows the second he's ready, she'll be there. But she isn't forcing anything.

"Cassie," he tells her solemnly, looking down as his eyes grow heavy. He could blame it on the lack of sleep he's been getting. "I don't want a relationship."

Cassie grabs his hands with her own, and he tries to be supportive, no matter how much he wants to flinch away. "Just give it a chance, please?"

Jordan doesn't know why she does it, or what signal she thinks she has, but Cassie leans up and kisses him, forcing him back into the shelf. Jordan raises his hands above his head, trying to move his head away, to no use. Finally, he decides to just push her gently.