chapter fifteen. donald glover

|all for us — fifteen — donald glover|
"damn, i got you there."

JORDAN AND RUE have been closer than ever throughout the month after Ash's death

JORDAN AND RUE have been closer than ever throughout the month after Ash's death. Jordan can't lean on anyone else, and therefore is constantly with her. He can't tell if he's overstepped the boundaries of Rue's comfortability with people— he knows she hates affection, but so does he.

Every day at school is a chore for Jordan, who has no one to talk to. It didn't take long for the student body to move on from the shooting, considering a Junior had gotten pregnant and her boyfriend had immediately broken up with her.

Much to Jordan's pleasure, however, he and McKay have been talking often. He feels like he finally has a guy friend, something that he desperately needs. He hardly has girl friends anymore— not since he's fought with Maddy.

For a minute, Jordan had forgotten that Maddy is Maddy— she isn't going to apologize more than she already has. She's done her part, and now it's Jordan's turn to make a move. He doesn't want to; Maddy has forgotten that Jordan is Jordan.

"So, you wanna do something?" Rue asks, looking over the edge of her bed at Jordan, who's laying on his back on the floor. He looks up at her, furrowing his brows together.

"Like what?" mutters Jordan, sighing out as he plays with his shirt.

"...Get high?"

"You'd better be fucking joking, Rue." snaps Jordan, groaning as he buries his head in his hands. "I'm not letting you anywhere near drugs, I don't care how safe they are."

"Screw you," huffs Rue with a small smile, standing up and taking a seat beside Jordan. "Missed hanging out like this."

Jordan sits up, leaning back against the bed. "Seriously? I would've expected that you'd be getting sick of my ass."

"Well, yeah. Kinda." Rue jokes, smiling widely. "But you've been keeping me somewhat healthy, so I gotta salute you for that."

"Ah, what would yo do without me?"

Rue laughs again, shaking her head before looking up at the ceiling, where the sunlight from her window peers in. Jordan can't help but remember all of the times that Maddy had snuck in his window to take him to her house. He shakes his head to clear his mind; he's supposed to be annoyed with her.

"Hey," says a voice at Rue's door, and the duo look up to see Gia, her phone in her hand, "can you guys take me to my friend Rowan's house?"