chapter sixteen. experience

|all for us — sixteen — donald glover|
"aren't i so special?"

|all for us — sixteen — donald glover|"aren't i so special?"

AT SOME POINT, Maddy and Jordan began talking again. Now, they're walking through the hallway together.

Jordan hasn't fully forgiven her, nor has she forgiven him (she's been quiet about that), but they both appreciate the fact that they can talk freely to one another. Especially Jordan, who can't continue to rate lesbians on TikTok that Rue finds hot. She's been trying her best to completely move on from Jules, although it's clear she's still a little hurt.

"You thought about college?" Maddy asks, her eyes forward. Jordan is somewhat glad she refuses to look at him, because he still can't look at her. He wishes he could, but something is holding him back.

"Nah," he replies, and that's the end of that conversation. He wonders where Maddy is going, after all it's almost April (and his eighteenth birthday), and the year is almost over. If they're not together by then, will they ever be?

"I'm working tonight." Maddy informs him, and finally they stop in front of her locker. She steps closer to it and he leans on the one beside hers.

Everyone knew Jordan was Maddy's property, whether or not they actually were together. Eventually they stopped thinking oddly of it.

"Maybe I'll come." says Jordan, standing up straighter. "Samantha, uh... she heard about Ash and just kinda... let me decide." his heart begins beating rapidly at the thought of that night, and he can feel the bullet stinging his skin once more.

But he also remembers waking up in the hospital with Maddy by his side, and suddenly, the bitterness he'd once felt towards her truly begins to fade. He looks down at her, his brows slightly raised.

"Oh," mumbles Maddy, her face contorting as she pulls her books out of her locker. "Uh..." the bell rings, cutting her off.

"I'll see you later, Perez," he grins, kissing the top of her head and making her step back in surprise, her eyes widened at him as he walks away.

✯✯✯

Jordan's birthday is a week away, although he doesn't really care that much. He's never been one for birthdays, seeing as his family has never really been able to afford that many gifts. He never minded, and he's not going to start now.

Plus, he can't really focus on his birthday, as he's in between Maddy's legs, her thighs placed over his shoulders.

"You comfortable, bitch?" she snaps, her hand in his hair as he stares at the television. She had let him put Fantastic Four on and he's watching (quite intently whenever Jessica Alba comes on screen) while laying on top of Maddy.