chapter four. cannonball

|all for us — four — cannonball|
" like in pretty little liars when ezra fucked- "

|ruminations: big and little bullies —> you who cannot see, think of those who can|

JORDAN SAYS HIS goodbyes to Fez, Faye, and Ash before getting back in his car and heading back to the restaurant. Once he arrives, he parks the car and goes back into the restaurant, only to see Maddy and the rest of the girls walking over to him.

"Took you long enough." grumbles Maddy bitterly, brushing past him and leading her friends to his car. He shakes his head disapprovingly and slowly trudges after them.

One by one, Jordan drops each of the girls off at their respective houses. Kat, right as they reached her driveway, ranted about meeting her boyfriend, Ethan's, parents later that night and quickly rushed into her house. Jules said she was going to another friend's house and got on her bike, which was laying down in her front yard, and B.B. went inside normally, smoking all the way. And after all that, it's just Maddy and Jordan.

"You want me to take you home or to Samantha's?" he asks, turning to her. They're parked in B.B.'s driveway.

"Where are you going?" inquires Maddy, as if his destination matters.

"I have to work today, unfortunately." he says. "So I'm going over to her house."

"I think she's going out tonight." Maddy looks up at the roof of the car. "It's only six."

"Alright, then, I'll take you to Samantha's." nods Jordan.

Jordan, just like almost everyone else, knows Maddy is attractive. He's not going to say she isn't. He doesn't know who she is, though, and that obstructs things. Plus, they hardly know each other.

Maddy has a similar train of thought. Jordan is tall. He's tough. He's manly. But he's not Nate Jacobs— in a good way. There's something about him that differentiates him from her ex.

"Thanks," says Maddy, smiling a little at Jordan, "you know, you're not terrible."

"Did you think I was?" Jordan raises a brow curiously.

"Everyone thought you were. I was just one of them. Plus, I was dating Nate Jacobs and therefore, my opinions on you were biased."

Jordan looks over at her. It's a dangerous choice, because he should keep his eyes on the road. They could get in an accident if he's not careful.

"Well, I'm not too surprised." Jordan laughs a little, and Maddy's eyes widen. "And you wonder why I can't stand him... how many bad things did he say about me?"