chapter seven. ruined

|all for us — seven — ruined|
" are you indirectly calling me daddy? "

|all for us — seven — ruined|" are you indirectly calling me daddy? "

|stand still like the hummingbird|

JORDAN AND I became good friends freshman year, thanks to Biology. It was the first day, and seeing as I was just a freshman, I was nervous. Who wouldn't be? I mean, it wasn't like anyone necessarily hated me, but they all knew I was an addict at fourteen, so some people tried not to associate. Not like anybody cared about them. At least, I didn't.

I knew Jordan because I bought drugs from him and Fez. Jordan sold a lot back then... he was way different. Anyway, he focused on a lot of adults, but I'd been his customer once or twice. He'd been at my dad's funeral, and he'd been there to somewhat comfort me that day, although he hardly knew my name.

Not until the first day of school.

Then he took a seat next to me in Biology and looked over at me. "Hey, mind if I sit here?"

I shook my head and replied, "No. You can. It's better than some random girl."

"Not a fan of girls?" he raised a brow.

"No, I think I'm almost too big a fan of them."

Jordan nodded understandingly. "Well, me too. I'm Smokey."

"I know." I told him. "I'm Rue."

"I know." he shrugged. "I was at your dad's funeral."

"Yeah. You and Lexi read me to sleep."

Our conversation was interrupted by a boy who I didn't know. He looked popular, and so I could assume he was. He kneeled beside Jordan.

"Yo, druggie." the boy grinned, and Jordan scowled. "Mind if I get a discount for being a classmate? Or are you just going to get high by yourself?"

Some people really disliked Jordan, and I wasn't quite sure why. It was a lot of the popular kids who had grievances with him. Maybe he'd done something to aggravate them.

"If you want drugs, don't call me a fucking druggie, dick." snapped Jordan, clenching his fist under the table.

"Fuck that, druggie, just tell me your prices-"

Jordan hated being called a druggie. I learned that sooner than later. While he dealt, he didn't do drugs all that often. When he did, though, he'd go and go until he couldn't anymore.

So, since Jordan hated being called a druggie, he sent his fist flying into the kid's face, and the kid fell backwards into the table behind us and almost cracked his head open. Jordan looked down at his bruised hand, waved to the teacher, and left the room. He was suspended for a week after that. I always though his suspension was ridiculous... mainly because there were kids who threatened to shoot up our school and I'd see them walking around the next day. Jordan had just been defending his honor.