[2] Taking Back the Crown

YN was in her room when the door was answered by Steve, resting on her bed, knees bent as she nodded her head to some modern music, something she'd enjoyed since waking up in the 21st century.

"You can't fight the moonlight, no." YN hummed, tapping her fingers against her abdomen. She had spent the morning hiding from Steve, knowing the second the old man could get her attention, he would force her to sit down and have the conversation she had avoiding. "You can try to resist... hide from my kiss... don't you know that you... moonlight, no."

Jolting as someone jumped onto the bed next to her, YN ripped the buds from ears. She came face to face to a grinning Sam, the woman having to clench her teeth so that a smile didn't overtake her own features.

"Hello, beautiful." YN rolled her eyes as she got up from the bed, knowing the her brother and best friend would be waiting in the living room, like normal human beings.

"Sam." She responded bluntly, still fighting a smile. She left the room quickly, feeling Sam's presence right behind her. Stepping into the other room, YN's fight to smile as her eyes landed on Bucky and Steve, the duo catching up on the few weeks they'd been apart.

YN snuck over and forced her way under Bucky's arm, biting her lip as she stared up at him. "Hello, miss."

"Hey, Buck." YN responded, lifting onto her toes to press a chaste kiss to his cheek before she stepped away, quickly turning away from the sight of her brother, trying to pretend as if he was the way he was a few months ago. "What are you guys doing in New York? I thought you were supposed to be doing a job for that Torres kid?"

"What- how does she know already?" Bucky asked, turning his scowl to Sam who shrugged, leaning over to pick a piece of candy from their bowl on the counter. "You two chat?"

"Not everyone falls off the face of the Earth every few months, Buck." Sam retorted, earning and even deeper glare. "Besides, YN and I are friends." YN scoffed loudly, making Sam gasp in offense.

"Friends is pushing it, Wilson."

"YN." Steve chastised, shaking his head at his younger sister. "What are you guys doing in New York?" Steve re-asked YN's question, lowering his old body into the cushions of the sofa.

"We-"

"Just came to see you, pal." Bucky interrupted Sam, slapping Steve's arm lightly, sitting on the arm by his best friend. YN narrowed her eyes at him, knowing the brunette like the back of her hand, it didn't take her long to see through the charade.

"Liar," YN pointed at him, causing Bucky to blink at her innocently. "What are you really doing here?"

"I just told you-"

"You know I can hear your heart beating, right?" YN folded her arms over her chest, leaning to the side. "It's telling me you're full of shit, James." Sam whistled as Bucky screwed his nose up at his birth name. "Tell me right now."

"We have a mission in Munich." YN raised her eyebrows, looking between Sam and Bucky expectantly.

"You two are doing missions together?" YN chuckled as the two boys glanced at each other. "Well, good luck with that-"

"We wanted you to come-"

"Correction, Sam wanted you to come." Bucky glared at Sam as the other man tried to incriminate him. YN frowned, her mouth pursed as she averted her eyes, looking as though she was having an inner battle.

"YN is quite happy in retirement guys-"

"I'll do it." YN stopped her brother, still not having looked at him. "When are we leaving?" Sam told her quickly, the three men watching her leave, one with a small grin and the other two with worried expressions.