[19] Sugar We're Going Down

It was early afternoon when they left the memorial, setting off toward the funeral. YN was trailing behind, her thoughts wandering all over the place. Feelings and fantasies all playing out with a certain brown eyed falcon in the center of it all.

Her head shot up at the approaching determined footsteps, and YN rolled her eyes as she slowed her pace. "Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit."

"Ah!" Bucky scoffed. "How'd you find us this time?"

"Come on." Lemar chuckled. "You think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?"

"No more keeping us in the dark." John demanded. "You can start by tell us why you broke him out of jail." Zemo raised an eyebrow as John pointed a finger at him, as if the action highly offended him.

"He did that himself," Bucky smirked. "Technically."

John growled low in his throat, stepping forward as if he was going to go for Bucky. YN stepped forward, glaring at the blonde man. "Hey, cool it." She gritted out.

"Don't make it weird." Sam murmured, shaking his head.

"I know where Karli is." Zemo smiled up at John.

"Well, where?" Zemo chuckled, meeting YN's eye as she rolled them.

"All we know is, it's a memorial." Sam responded, ignoring the burning glare YN sent him. "So, we're gonna intercept her there."

"Great," John nodded. "We'll move in fast, take her by surprise."

YN snorted with a shake of her head. "Yeah that's not going to work."

"I'm want to talk to her," Sam agreed. "Alone."

"We aren't losing her again." John frowned, his eyebrows pulled together tightly.

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable." YN said, feeling a pair of blue eyes land on her. She licked her lips as she registered how her words related to not only Karli. "Now is the best time to reason with her."

"What?" YN tried to move past John as he started to comprehend what she was saying. "No. Wait, no!" A hand stuck out and grabbed YN's elbow, making the woman freeze and glare at where John was holding her. "Hold on, stop. Okay?"

"Let go." YN growled, stopping herself from completely losing it. John stepped back with a slight inhale of breath, knowing he wouldn't win against the smaller woman.

"I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot that she blew up a building with people still in it." He tried to reason, his head still shaking in protest.

"If you walk in there cold, she'll kill you." Lemar said quietly, looking a little uncomfortable at how the conversation had escalated.

"And if we go in hot and the op goes wrong," YN countered. "More people will die. Sam knows what he's doing."

"You'll let him do this?" John turned to Bucky, who had remained silent since he first greeted the blonde man. "Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?"

"He's handled worse," Bucky shrugged. "And he's not my partner."

"I used to council soldiers dealing with trauma," Sam sighed. "This is my wheelhouse."

"I know," John nodded. "And I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea."

YN groaned, feeling as if they were fighting a losing battle. Her hands were vibrating in frustration, itching to just use a small fraction of her strength to push past this rage inducing man and set about her mission. Yet, a warm hand placed itself on the small of her back, instantly pulling every ounce of anger from her body and replacing it with a calm sense of comfort.