↳ 𝟿

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗔 𝗛𝗨𝗠𝗔𝗡. From a distance, a pleasant feeling warmed Techno's chest at the transformation that he nearly teared up.

Silently, he laughed when Keres kept tapping Dream's mask unbelievably. She was still far so he couldn't hear her voice, but it was evident that she was enjoying her walk down the mountain.

"MY GOD, A BUG! A WORM! OH, SHIT! IS THAT A MILLIPEDE?!" she screamed, scurrying through the steep hill. "TECHNOBLADE, YOU SON OF A!"

"Okay, get yourself together." the pig tried to steady his fidgeting hands and even checked his breath.

By the time she finally reached him, she forgot how tall he was since she would always float higher to match his level.

"Keres," he softly placed a thick strand of her hair behind her ear.

Her red eyes gained it's lucid hues back unlike when she was a ghost, having dull colors close to none. Hit by the sun, they were two golden garnets circling an eclipse of blood moons.

"Why did you tell Dream to do this?!" she looked up at him with furrowed brows.

"Because... I love," his voice cracked awkwardly so he cleared his throat, completely losing his confidence. "Uhm, I love, I mean, because I love y-"

Keres stung a slap across his face.

The man patted his jaw, half stunned, half amused. "What was that for?"

"Everything!" she huffed.

Then, softening her expression, she tip toed and pressed her lips against his.

It was only a mere peck, so she pulled away quickly after to see his reaction. He blinked a couple of times before moving from his frozen state, gazing at the woman longingly.

"And... what was that for?" he was failing at trying to hide his smirk, unable to remove his eyes on her lips.

"Because I love you, too, porkchop." Keres couldn't stop beaming so she dragged him by his collar to give him a longer kiss.

It became a more passionate one this time. Techno leaned down towards her as his hands gently travelled to her waist, pulling her closer to his chest.

His lips were warm and silken against hers, and she could feel the thud of their combined heartbeats. For ten years of knowing each other, they fell in love with one another, and nobody knew it. Not even themselves.

But the moment soon came to an end as he pulled away with a chuckle. "I thought you were mad at me."

She wasn't able to open her eyes a few seconds afterward, laying her hands on his neck. "No, I was just... wasn't prepared. Why didn't you tell me you had feelings for me before?"

"I wasn't ready." he mumbled as they were lost in each other's eyes. "But in those five years of you not being around me, I hated it. I tried to deny my feelings for you for so long but now I don't want to anymore."

The woman frowned, experiencing the same way as him. "So why now? After so many years?"

Techno traced his thumb across her cheek. "I was still scared of letting you in my life again, but it didn't parallel to the pain of losing you. And now I learned... life's too short to hide certain notions."