↳ 𝟷𝟸

𝗦𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗟'𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗚, Keres and Dream voyaged across the ocean with Carl to get to safety; as ordered by Techno.

Along the way, the woman held onto a piece of parchment he sent her before, reading out the phrase over and over: Stay safe, my Keres.

"I was just used to sticking with him, you know?" she pouted. "We were always together for five years, and then he pushed me away... and now we're reunited, but now he's... pushing me away again."

A despairing sigh left her mouth, feeling a slight pain on her abdomen so she hugged herself tensely.

"You'll be reunited soon." Dream rowed the boat. "If I were Techno, I'd want you to stay safe, too."

Keres gave him a small nod in understanding. After long hours of drifting, they arrived at an undisclosed region that was surrounded by rivers.

"You live in a dirt hut?" she got off the boat and tried to distinguish the area. "I thought you were homeless."

"Houses are for the weak." he hitched Carl's leash on a fence.

Just then, the door to his hut opened, revealing a woman with feathered earrings and brown hair.

"Dream! You idiot! I've been looking for you every-" she halted, eyes widening to see the the masked man with another woman. "Oh my god! Are you Keres?!"

Dream was about to bring the brunette into a hug but she went straight to meet the albino who gave her a polite smile.

"Shit! You look more beautiful in person than in the newspapers!" she covered her mouth to restrain herself from squealing excitedly.

"And you are... the time traveler girl?" Keres raised her brows in fascination.

"You know about me?! Oh my god! That's so... wow! My name's Jada!"

"Of course, you're all Dream could talk about back in Manberg-"

"Whoa! Ha ha!" he was taken by surprise, making Jada's brows furrow when he cut her off.

Jada presumed to gape at the woman, visibly captivated by her beauty. Her compelling white skin contrasted perfectly with the black outfit she was wearing, few bangs were framed on her face as her hair was tied up.

Keres clenched her gut as her knees went feeble. The more Jada observed her features, the sooner she detected a concerning splotch on her abdomen.

"Sh-she's bleeding," Jada tried to say as calm as possible while her and Dream supported her up when she fell.

Keres' sight went fuzzy. Someone must've stabbed her from the back when Tubbo and Fundy were disturbing her.

"Techno built a shack for you here." Dream mentioned, leading themselves to a coarse pathway.

"He what?" her lips went paler as ever while clutching her stomach in agony. Beyond the dirt hut was a wooden shack similar to Technoblade's cabin, though smaller in comparison, perfect for only one person. He made it just for her.

"You're gonna be okay! Okay?" she laid the woman on the couch, asking Dream to call a nurse.

Nodding, he sprinted outside and used his ender pearl to teleport as the brunette took off Keres' black duffel jacket to survey her injury.

"I'm fine... ah, shit." she massaged her head and Jada quickly untied her ponytail. "Jada..."

"Wh-who stabbed you?"

"I think..." Keres struggled to breathe before closing her eyes. "I'm losing a lot of blood."

That was the last thing she said before her pulse went quiet. Jada stopped in applying direct pressure on the wound, panting heavily, she ran to get something and returned with a thick book.

Purple and cerulean swirled out of the magical book as Jada opened it, holding Keres' hand tightly.

"Please work, please work!" she whispered, letting the sorcery do it's enchantment onto the woman who was slowly slipping away.

And just like that, Keres awoke.

Her red eyes twinkled at Jada's blue grey ones, blinking a couple of times in confusion. "What's going on?"

"Oh, thank god." the brunette let out a relieved chuckle and closed her book. The book always works. "We were in a dystopia."

"Huh?" she glanced down at her body which was now clean. Before she could explain anything, the entrance door of the shack unbolted.

"Oh, hey, I bought some bread." Dream munched on the food. "Do you guys want some?"

By the looks of his innocence as if nothing odd was occuring, questions hung on the curve of Keres' lips knowing that the time traveler must've done something.

"I'll tell you later." Jada smiled.

...

"So... I wasn't actually supposed to die back there?"

"Well, kind of." she affirmed, sitting beside Keres by the streaming creek. "Yes in the dystopia, but not in the utopia."

"How did you know that we were in a dystopia?"

"My brother told me that a rate of a fixed future in time traveling is ninety-nine percent. That ninety-nine percent is the utopia." she clarified. "We were in a dystopia because when I time traveled, you weren't dying anymore. That means, we were in the one percent of the dystopia."

"Oh." was all she could say. "Thank you."

"It's the least I could do." Jada beamed, though when the woman smiled back, she folded. "Sorry, it's just that... what the hell? You're so gorgeous."

"Thank you, again." she chuckled at the compliment, exchanging gazes at each other for a moment. "You too."

"Techno's such a lucky guy." she mumbled under her breath.

The mention of Technoblade's name brought a frown on Keres once more. "Do you think there's another reason he has to push me away like this?"

"I don't know, but if there is, it better be valid." she scoffed jokingly. "If I were him, I'd never want to leave your side."

Keres couldn't suppress her laughter at her remarks anymore and changed the topic. "How're you and Dream?"

Jada nearly choked on the air. "What?"

"You and Dream. Are you together now?"

"Totally." Dream answered instead.

"No one was talking to you." Jada's face grimaced at the sight of him.

"I was part of the question, so my answer counts!" he looked at Keres for validation who only shrugged. "See? It was directed to me, too!"

"Whatever."

"Ha-ha! I win!" he closed his fists in victory. "By the way, why were you looking for me earlier, Jellybean?"

"That was nothing. I just wanted to give you back your stupid jacket." Jada rolled her eyes.

Keres smiled at the two's relationship, which made her think about her and Techno. Nothing could prepare her for their separation even though it happened before.

But it's fine. At least now they know that they were gonna see each other again, and that they love each other.

As long as they share the same sky and breathe the same air, they are still together.