↳ 𝟸𝟸

"𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗞𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗣! 𝗜 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗥𝗔𝗪 𝗦𝗔𝗟𝗠𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗩𝗘!" Keres knocked on his cabin, bringing a plastic bag full of fishes.

But there was no response. Looking over the porch, the girl saw the the polar bear trying to climb on the wind.

"Steve! Hi, bud! Where's Techno?" she asked, and he pointed at the glass pane with his nose. There was something wrong based on his concerned look.

"I'll go check on him. Here, this is for you." Keres gave him the bag before entering the cabin and figured that the window Steve pointed at was the boy's room, so she knocked on his door.

"Techno?"

"Keres?" his voice sounded frail as she pressed her ear against the wood worriedly.

"Are you okay? What are you doing? Can I come inside?" she queried, and when she heard a faint 'yeah' from him, she instantly opened the knob.

There he was, on the floor, clutching himself in pain.

"What happened?!" she rushed towards him, and though he ached with high difficulty, it lessened on the moment he saw her again.

"My head... the... the voices... they're demanding for blood again." E, blood, and blood for the blood god was what the voices kept saying.

"The voices in your head are asking for blood again? So what did you- oh my god!" blood was seeping from his fists as he tried to hide his hands from her but it was no use anymore since she already saw it.

"They're crazy... I can't go against them... they won't leave me alone!"

"Shh, uh, it'll be alright, okay?" Keres tried to calm him down before running to find something to aid the wound, returning in a blink.

"Does it still hurt?" she wrapped fresh bandages around his knuckles after cleaning the area as gentle as possible and saw dents on the wall with red stains.

Technoblade shook his head, examining how she treated his cuts in which the bleeding reduced slightly now. "Sorry, Keres."

"Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong. This isn't your fault."

"It is my fault. I let the voices take over me, and because of it, you're forced to deal with this. It's such a waste of time for you. I'm... I'm sor- ow!"

Keres tightened the bandage around his hand a little too harshly just to shut him up. "Listen, you still can't control the voices, but that's okay. It takes time to heal. I am not- in any shape or form- forced to be here. I would still choose to take care of a piglet, out of all the activities I could do. So don't be sorry about me being here for you. Okay?"

The boy stared at her in skepticism. "Why me?"

"Because we're best friends." Keres placed all the materials back in the drawer and steadily helped him stand. "Do you want to go to my house? It's peaceful there."

Techno didn't even have to double think about his answer. And so, they rode an unfinished rollercoaster across the distant lands and walked until they reached the hidden terrain.

"Are the voices still loud?" she observed his face that was in awe of the springtime environment unlike his wintery biome.

E... this place is really pretty... like her... E...