CHAPTER 1 - New Family In Town

The family of Madrigal sat around the dining table, everyone happily eating their lunch. It had been a few weeks since the incident and everything was back to normal and even better than it used to be before.

"You seem excited today, Dolores," Camilo said, nudging his sister with an elbow. "Something with Mariano?" he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

Dolores blushed a bit. "No. But there's a new family coming into town!" Excited murmurs went around the table.

"We haven't had a new family in a long time! Are we inviting them to dinner, Abuela?" Mirabel asked, beaming.

"Of course," the eldest Madrigal nodded. "Dolores, how many are there?"

Dolores seemed to listen intently before answering. "Seven of them. Five kids."

"That's cool! Are any of them my age?" Antonio asked excitedly.

"Hmm," Dolores hummed. "I would say so, yes."

"Are they moving to the house that was for sale?" Alma asked, interested about the new people coming to the village.

"Yes, they're the one that bought it. I don't think they know anyone from around here either," Dolores explained.

"Alright," Alma nodded, standing up after finishing her food. "I'll go and talk to them right away."

As Alma excited the kitchen, Isabela turned to the other grandkids excitedly. That excitedly that even her own parents hadn't seen her like that in a while. "Is there any more information about them, Dolores?" she asked. Not that she wanted to pry but the same people for decades can get boring.

Her cousin seemed to think as the parents and other kids also turned their gazes to her, eager to get more information. "3 of them sound like girls-"

Camilo groaned.

"Camilo!" his mother scolded.

"I know," Camilo whined. "But it's been ages since there have been other kids - who aren't infants or very little - in town. And now, if I understand correctly, there are. But of course they have to be girls." He pouted, leaning his head on his hand which was on the table.

"Do you have anything against girls?" Pepa asked, raising her eyebrows.

"No, it's not like that!" Camilo denied, "I just want to talk to kids who are- who are like... me."

"Oh I get it," Bruno spoke up. "You want to have boys around your- your age to be in the village so you could- could fool around, yeah?"

"Not foooool around but yes," Camilo admitted, still not raising his head.

"But you still have hope. Dolores said that only 3 out of 5 are girls," Mirabel pointed out, making Camilo's head snap back up.

"How old are they," he demanded from his older sister.

"I would say...," Dolores trailed off. "There are 2 sets of twins. One set of boys, one set of girls. The girls seem to be around Antonio's age while the set of boys is definitely older than them but not as old as Camilo and Mirabel. Oh and the oldest is also a girl, probably around 15."

"YES!" Mirabel cheered, throwing her hands in the air.

"Alright, enough gossip," Julieta calmed the teen. "Help us clean up after the meal."

"I'm not doing the dishes!" 6 voices chorused, turning to glare at each other after.