CHAPTER 29 - Knock. Knock.

"Yeah," he chuckled before looking at you with a look you couldn't decipher. "Well then. Care to dance?"

The next few days went by like the autumn breeze that had started to blow every now and then. The 'Lunch of Fall', as Camilo called it, had ended and your family had decided to stay over for a bit longer since your parents had become close friends with Pepa, Félix, Alma, Agustín and Julieta. Brno still kept to himself though.

Currently, you were sitting on a flower pile in the first room with Lily and Isabela, picking up flowers every now and then to add them to the flower crown. "Yours has a great color combination, Y/n," Isabela complimented. "I like the yellow and purple. Looks royal."

"Yeah, I like it a lot too," you grinned. "Darker and lighter colors compliment each other really well."

Suddenly, Dolores and Rose came downstairs. "Hey," you waved, "what's up?"

"Someone's coming this way. Hm!" Dolores squeaked.

You frowned. "What's the big deal about that, many people might still be out."

"I don't recognize the footsteps," Dolores said, frowning.

You grew slightly worried and stood up, placing the flower crown on Lily's h/c locks. "Should I maybe tell the others?"

"Probably," Dolores nodded. "I have a weird feeling about this."

You nodded before making your way towards the living room. Stepping in the doorway, you smiled at the sight of Camilo, Mirabel and Luisa teaching your brothers how to play cards while all the adults were laughing together at something. "Hey, uhh," you started, drawing the attention to yourself while leaning against the door frame. "Dolores heard someone coming. Some stranger. Thought you should know." You shrugged at the end of the sentence.

Knock. Knock.

The knock that could be heard on the front door made everyone stand up curiously.

"Oh, hello," you heard Isabela greet while you and everyone else started to leave the living room. "How can we help you?"

"Hello," another, experienced-sounding voice greeted back, "I wish to talk to Y/n L/n. It's quite important."