CHAPTER 46 - Snap

"No!" you denied. "That would be very childish. It's not like you make the things happen, you just see them which I think is very brave of you because I personally would be terrified." You chuckled slightly at the end before taking the last bite of your food. "I'll... just go now, get to my chores."

"Oh, okay then. Have a good day," you nodded to Rosalie's mother before turning around and walking down the street. Turns out Rosalie didn't need a babysitter that day which meant you could take the day off.

You decided to go for a walk in the mountains, but first, you went back to Casita. After all, it would be stupid to go somewhere that far without telling anyone.

"Tía Pepa!" you called to the woman, who was currently gardening, addressing her like she told you to. "I'm going for a walk, I'll be back by dinner."

"Do what makes you happy, Dear," she nodded, casting a glance at you. "But go take some arepas with you from the kitchen, so you won't get hungry." You smiled at how caring she was and then went to the kitchen.

Then you went. Walking and walking. Walking, walking, walking and walking. Walking until you had to take a break for lunch - you were just by the mountains by now. Still inside the Encanto though.

You ate a bit and then walked on, going through the crack in the mountain and through the river, breathing in the fresh air. You found it quite relaxing, actually. Despite the fact that your mind was still a mess from the morning, you found yourself enjoying the weather.

Suddenly, you heard a twig snap.