CHAPTER 15 - Three Descriptive Words And A Name

"It's alright, we had rather delightful conversations," Pepa assured her son. "But now, let's eat."

The meal was over and everyone had carried their stuff to the kitchen. "I can help with the dishes," you offered to Julieta.

"No need, dear, you're the guest," she denied with a soft smile.

"Please?" you asked firmly. "We've eaten over for two times and I don't think we've helped with the preparations or cleaning up even once. Just let me do something."

She sighed with a soft smile. "You have a good heart, you know that, Y/n? Fine, you can dry them."

"Thank you," you beamed, taking the towel that was handed to you.

Meanwhile, your and the Madrigal family members both had found something to do and apparently, your siblings had also discovered their 'favorites' from the Madrigals. Aiden had gone with Antonio to play outside, Ethan had gone with Luisa to help her with her chores, Rose and Dolores were softly conversing in a corner, Lily and Isabela were making flower crowns, your parents were talking with Alma, Pepa and Félix about grown-up things, Mirabel and her father were talking about a project Mirabel was working on, Bruno had disappeared to who knows where and Camilo had, once again, buried his nose in the book you borrowed but this time he was sitting in the yard on a picnic blanket.

In no time, the dishes were finished and put away and Julieta thanked you for the help before she kindly shooed you away so you could do whatever you wanted to do yourself.

You took the course outside and joined Camilo on the picnic blanket. "Like the book?" you asked, curious about his opinion.

In surprise, he transformed into a few of the book characters and into you before going back to normal. "Yeah, it's awesome. I'm at the part where [spoiler alert, obviously] Diggory hit the gong."

"Already?" you asked, impressed. "You're a fast reader, Señor Madrigal."

He laughed. "You seriously just said that?"

"Yeah," you grinned, "it was funny though."

"Can't argue with that," he said. If you only knew how surprised he was when you called him anything other than 'Camilo'. After a bit of silence, he decided to speak up again, closing the book this time. "Can you.... Can you tell me another story, please?"

Although you heard the uncertainty in his voice, you didn't know why it was there. After all, you loved telling stories and it wasn't hard either. "Of course! I just need you to tell me 3 descriptive words and a name."

He nodded before falling into thought for a few seconds. "Echo, chance, dull and.... and, uhh, I don't know, Mi A- Yes! Mia. Exactly." He said quickly, shaking his head to clear it. Why was I about to call her that?

"You just blurted out the first ones that came into your mind, didn't you?" you laughed, seeing how surprised he looked by his own words.

"Yeah," he smiled. "I don't know about 'Mia' though. It just popped into my head after I had 'rejected' all of my family member's names." That was a lie.

"Understandable," you laughed. "Now let me think of a plot for a minute."